Ready to get in the spirit of the holiday season with some Callaway Gardens Christmas lights? Then it’s time to schedule your visit to the Callaway Gardens Fantasy in Lights adventure!
Voted one of National Geographic’s Top 10 Light Displays in the WORLD, Fantasy in Lights is a must-do if you love Christmas lights. (And we do!)
Whether you drive-through in your own car, or take the Jolly Trolley — you won’t regret taking a ride through the illuminated forests at Callaway Resort Gardens in Pine Mountain, Georgia. Here’s everything you need to know to make the most out of your visit to one of the best holiday lights shows in the South.
CALLAWAY GARDENS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: FANTASY IN LIGHTS
NEW OFFERINGS AT FANTASY IN LIGHTS
Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens is an amazing drive-through lights experience. It takes about an hour to see all the lights they have here. And by “all the lights,” we mean 10 MILLION LIGHTS. It is seriously spectacular.
This year, Fantasy in Lights will be held November 17, 2023 – January 1, 2024.
NEW IN 2023: This holiday season, discover the brand-new Tree of Traditions, a 40-foot Pixel Pine Tree, lighting up festive winter nights in Callaway Christmas Village.
FANTASY IN LIGHTS WALK-THROUGH EXPERIENCES
Families can surround themselves with Christmas cheer at Callaway, where they invite guests to explore the immersive walk-through experience near Robin Lake Beach. A 50-foot-tall Christmas Tree will sing jolly tunes the whole family can enjoy, and a 75-foot-long glowing Christmas Tunnel will light the way to various attractions in their new Winter Wonderland Walkway.
Explore a forest of twinkling lights and larger-than-life Christmas scenes featuring gigantic snowflakes, towering nutcrackers and much more! Audiences can make their way down Christmas Tree Lane, an enchanting trail lined with dozens of perfectly decorated trees before stopping for a snack at the Sing-a-Long-S’more Pits.
This is always a highlight for my kids — they love the soapy snow here! It’s so fun, and there are plenty of great photo opportunities.
Don’t miss the cozy Christmas Market, where a cast of classic characters like Rudolph & friends and Santa await the chance to usher in the holiday season and get a start on your Christmas shopping!
FANTASY IN LIGHTS DRIVE-THROUGH EXPERIENCES
In 2020, Callaway introduced a new scene in their drive-through experience — the Magical Field of Lights — and it’s back again in 2023. It’s truly a sight to see! Celebration Lake, with 30 twinkling trees singing a festive song, is also back! It was my favorite part last year.
You’ll also find other amazing scenes like Christmas Tree Lane, Snowflake Valley, the Enchanted Rainbow Forest, the 12 Days of Christmas, and many more. You can choose to drive through the lights in your own vehicle, or take a ride on the Jolly Trolley. We have more on that below.
In addition to the drive-through lights scenes, they also have two 10-minute light “shows” at Robin Lake Beach near their Christmas Village — The Nativity and Twas’ the Night Before Christmas.
FANTASY IN LIGHTS TICKETS
How much is a Fantasy in Lights ticket? Well, that depends on when you go.
Prices for adults and children vary, and the day you pick also changes the price. The prices range from $19.95 for a child on a value day, to $39.95 for an adult on a super prime day. Children 2 and under are FREE.
The tickets are per person — not per vehicle. Our recommendation? Purchase tickets in advance to make sure you get the date and time slot you want. Tickets are sold on the hour for Jolly Trolleys and the half-hour for personal vehicles.
And keep in mind, your ticket doesn’t just include seeing the Christmas lights. So…what does it include?
- LIGHTS. Your ticket includes a ride through the dazzling illuminated forest in either your own vehicle, or on the Jolly Trolley. The price is the same, no matter which mode of transportation you go with. The Jolly Trolley is the name they give their open-air trolleys! They play Christmas music, offer great views of all the lights, and just really make the experience super special. We LOVE the Jolly Trolley!
- CHRISTMAS VILLAGE. Your ticket also includes a visit to the Callaway Gardens Christmas Village located at Robin Lake Beach. I’ve spent the summer season at Robin Lake Beach before, and I cannot believe this is the same place! It gets completely transformed, and really makes you feel like you’ve stepped into the North Pole. You can make merry in the Christmas Village and enjoy Santa, shopping, dining and more. The Christmas Village opens daily at 4 p.m. and closes one hour after the last trolley departs.
- CALLAWAY GARDENS TICKET. All ticket holders receive one complimentary day admission per ticket to visit Callaway Gardens prior to your Fantasy In Lights showtime (a $25 per adult value).
CALLAWAY GARDENS LIGHTS: WHERE TO STAY
At Callaway Gardens, you can extend the celebration with an overnight stay, enjoy mouthwatering meals or cozy cups of cocoa in their beautiful accommodations.
Callaway Gardens offers a variety of Fantasy In Lights overnight packages that include admission to Fantasy In Lights, shuttle service to the Christmas Village, as well as day admission to the Gardens throughout your stay. You can stay at their Lodge and Spa, or in one of their cottages or villas.
FDR State Park also offers campsites and cottage rentals, and is only a quick 5 minutes away. I often stay in one of the cabins here with my kids, and it’s super magical.
Or, if you really want to go all out for the holidays — you could stay at Great Wolf Lodge in LaGrange. It’s only 25 minutes away, and will also be decorated for the holiday season.
TIPS FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE AT CALLAWAY GARDENS LIGHTS
- Take the Jolly Trolley rather than your own car. The festive narration, Christmas carols and just being with a group really gets you into the holiday spirit. We really love it.
- Stay at one of the Callaway Gardens Hotels for easy access to all the fun holiday offerings.
- Jolly Trolley tickets are timed for a specific hour. You can begin lining up for your scheduled time fifteen minutes before. So if your ticket is for 8 – 9 pm, you can board anytime between 7:45 and 9 pm. The closer you are to the beginning of this window, the shorter the lines.
- Dress warm and bring a blanket. Get close and ride! It was a balmy evening the night I went and the trolley ride was still a bit cold — it is an open air trolley, after all! Bundle up like you would on a real sleigh ride and you’ll be fine.
- Take care of business before you leave. Fantasy in Lights takes approximately one hour to go through, maybe a bit longer on really busy nights. Be sure to go to the bathroom, eat a snack or whatever you (or your little party members need) to be comfortable on the ride.
- Fantasy In Lights Includes Callaway Gardens Admission. Plan to spend the day at Callaway Gardens. You can enjoy the Cecil B. Day Butterfly Gardens, as well as miles of biking and hiking trails. For an additional fee, you can also schedule a TreeTop Adventure.
HOLIDAY HAPPENINGS DURING CALLAWAY GARDENS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS
You could pretty much find a different event every day during the holidays at Callaway Gardens. Remember, at Callaway Resort — there is just so much to do! Here are few we think are extra special.
- Organ Concerts. Marvel as the majestic sounds of their custom-built Möller pipe organ ring out from the Ida Cason Callaway Memorial Chapel overlooking Falls Creek Lake. Stop in for a moment of serenity or enjoy the full concert inside or around the beloved Memorial Chapel. (Saturdays and Sundays, 1-3 p.m.)
- Photos with Santa. Visit with Santa while you’re visiting the Christmas Village to make sure you’re on the nice list! You can find the big man in red inside the Robin Lake Beach Dome during Fantasy in Lights from 4pm-close.
- Go Shopping. No ticket is required to visit the Christmas Village which features the photos with Santa we mentioned above, unique gifts shipped from the North Pole, and the Village Cafe.
Step into this heated haven of holiday cheer, treat yourself to a cup of hot chocolate, and take advantage of great Christmas shopping opportunities. Located in the Robin Lake Beach Dome, the Christmas Village offers something for everyone.
Just outside the Christmas Village, grab a bite to eat at the Christmas Pavilion, roast a s’more over open-flames or peruse Vendor Valley, which includes The Pretzel Lady, Hobbies Pop Kettle Corn, many fried treats and more.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT HOLIDAY EVENTS IN GEORGIA
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 20+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
- ROCK CITY CHRISTMAS: Your Guide To Enchanted Garden Of Lights
- HOLIDAY BARS: 9+ Festive Christmas Bars Atlanta Loves To Imbibe In For Holiday ‘Spirit’
- FREE CHRISTMAS: 19+ Free Christmas Events In Atlanta To Ring In Holiday Cheer
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC