Get ready for the holiday season with a skate beneath the stars — Atlantic Station ice skating is back!
If you want to skate the largest outdoor ice rink in the southeast, Atlantic Station is the place to go. There is something so magical about ice skating amid the gleaming skyscrapers on a chilly winter evening.
Outdoor ice skating in Atlanta, Georgia has become quite popular over the years, so it’s great that Atlantic Station offers a 10,000 square foot track-style rink. You’ll have plenty of room for an awesome skating experience. It’s the closest you can get to skating at Rockefeller Center without hopping a flight to NYC.
Skate the Station rink opens November 18, 2022 and runs through January 16, 2023.
SKATE THE STATION
Get into the holiday spirit at Atlanta’s largest outdoor ice skating rink! Skate the Station returns on Friday, Nov. 18 and all are invited to skate under the stars. Skate the Station tickets are on sale now and rentals are included in each purchase. Skaters can enjoy this holiday tradition now through Monday, Jan. 16, 2023.
The skate shop will be decorated resembling a cozy ski lounge for guests to stay warm before hitting the ice rink and it will be located on 17th ½ St. next to the Safety & Security Office.
General admission tickets are on sale this year for $16, and season passes are available for $80; as previously mentioned, skate rental is included with ticket price. Last year tickets had to be purchased online, but this year they’ll be offering both online tickets and tickets at the window (if they’re available). Buying tickets online in advance is your best bet for popular weekends, though.
For those who aren’t interested in skating, there is ample seating to watch the skaters in a nice climate controlled section. There is a snack shop nearby that sells hot chocolate, snacks, bottled water, Coca-Cola products, wine, beer, and alcoholic beverages.
Skate the Station will feature enhanced cleaning around the venue as well as hand sanitizing stations for your safety and convenience.
After ice skating, keep the fun going will some of the great activities offered at Atlantic Station, just in time for the holiday season! See the lights, find the perfect gift at one of the shops, or grab a bite at one of the Atlantic Station restaurants.
Want to see snow?! My favorite is the nightly Snow Shows — it’s just the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. Skate the Station, Santa’s Cottage and Snow Shows are all located on the west side of Atlantic Station.
For your little ones, don’t miss the miniature train that takes them all around the station. It’s a huge hit!
And you can finish off the night off with a stop at Kilwin’s for hot chocolate or other sweet treats.
Skate the Station is weather-permitting and updates will always be available on Atlantic Station’s social media channels.
All youth under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian after 3:00 p.m. No individuals under 21 are permitted on property after 9:00 p.m. All guests may be subject to presenting ID to verify age.
Skate the Station will also be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day!
ATLANTIC STATION ICE SKATING: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The parking deck for Atlantic Station is underground. Parking is free for up to two hours!
- Atlantic Station ice skating rink has a pretty good-sized Zamboni (it’s actually a size for ice hockey rinks) to keep the ice smooth.
- Skates are available from Toddler 8 to Adult 15. You can bring your own skates, but there is no discount to do so.
- For wee ones, double bladed skates are available (sizes 10/11/12), as well as skate trainers (for an additional cost).
- The Atlantic Station ice skating rink is completely outside, and uncovered — which is part of its charm! (Unless it rains…) The colder it is, the better the ice, so if there are wintery temperatures, just bundle up. However, when the weather is warm, the ice won’t set up as well and it could be a bit watery. (So…you could get a bit wet if you fall.) Just be prepared, and know what to expect before you go.
- If you plan to come skating more than a couple times, purchasing a season pass is your best deal!
- Online tickets are for specific time slots. You’ll get to skate for 75 minutes, and skate rentals are included.
- Tickets are available online and at the Skate Atlantic Station Atlanta ticket window on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Lockers are available to store your valuables while you skate for a small fee.
STAY NEAR THE SKATING RINK
MORE HOLIDAY FUN:
- YOUR GEORGIA VACATION
- MORE ICE SKATING: The Best Rinks for Kids, Teens & Adults
- CHRISTMAS TRAIN RIDES: 23 Spectacular Train Rides in Georgia and the Southeast
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Christmas in Atlanta: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: 27+ Sparkling Christmas Light Displays in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 17+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC