Get ready for the holiday season with a skate beneath the stars — Atlantic Station ice skating is back!
If you want to skate the largest outdoor ice rink in the southeast, Atlantic Station is the place to go. There is something so magical about ice skating amid the gleaming skyscrapers on a chilly winter evening.
Outdoor ice skating in Atlanta, GA has become quite popular over the years, so it’s great that Atlantic Station offers a 10,000 square foot track-style rink. You’ll have plenty of room for an awesome skating experience. It’s the closest you can get to skating at Rockefeller Center without hopping a flight to NYC.
Skate the Station opens November 19, 2021 and runs through January 17, 2022. Tickets will go on sale soon.
SKATE THE STATION
Skate the Station at Atlantic Station has quickly become a popular holiday event for many Atlantans.
General admission tickets are on sale this year for $15, and season passes are available for $60; skate rental is included with ticket price. Last year tickets had to be purchased online, but this year they’ll be offering both online tickets and tickets at the window (if they’re available). Buying tickets online in advance is your best bet for popular weekends, though.
For those who aren’t interested in skating, there is ample seating to watch the skaters in a nice climate controlled section. There is a snack shop nearby that sells hot chocolate, snacks, bottled water, Coca-Cola products, wine, beer, and alcoholic beverages.
Skate the Station will feature enhanced cleaning around the venue as well as hand sanitizing stations for your safety and convenience.
After ice skating, keep the fun going will some of the great activities offered at Atlantic Station, just in time for the holiday season! See the lights, find the perfect gift at one of the shops, or grab a bite at one of the Atlantic Station restaurants.
Want to see snow?! My favorite is the nightly Snow Shows — it’s just the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. Skate the Station, Santa’s Cottage and Snow Shows are all located on the west side of Atlantic Station.
For your little ones, don’t miss the miniature train that takes them all around the station. It’s a huge hit!
And you can finish off the night off with a stop at Kilwin’s for hot chocolate or other sweet treats.
ATLANTIC STATION ICE SKATING: KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- The parking deck for Atlantic Station is underground. Parking is free for up to two hours.
- Atlantic Station ice skating rink has a pretty good-sized Zamboni (it’s actually a size for ice hockey rinks) to keep the ice smooth too.
- Skates are available from Toddler 8 to Adult 15. You can bring your own skates, but there is no discount to do so.
- For wee ones, double bladed skates are available (sizes 10/11/12), as well as skate trainers (for an additional $5).
- The Atlantic Station ice skating rink is completely outside, and uncovered — which is part of its charm! (Unless it rains…) The colder it is, the better the ice, so if there are wintery temperatures, just bundle up. However, when the weather is warm the ice won’t set up as well and it could be a bit watery. (So…you could get a bit wet if you fall.) Just be prepared, and know what to expect before you go.
- If you plan to come skating more than a couple times, purchasing a SEASON PASS is your best deal! After purchasing your season pass online, bring the Eventbrite ticket to the Skate the Station ticket counter to pick up your season pass card.
- Skip the Line tickets can be purchased online. They are exactly as they sound — so look for the Skip the Line signs when you arrive so you can….skip the line!
- Tickets are for specific time slots this year, to help with social distancing.
- Tickets are available online and at the Skate Atlantic Station Atlanta ticket window on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Lockers are available to store your valuables while you skate for $.50
MORE HOLIDAY FUN:
- CHRISTMAS TRAIN RIDES: 23 Spectacular Train Rides in Georgia and the Southeast
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Christmas in Atlanta: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: 27+ Sparkling Christmas Light Displays in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 17+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
- MORE ICE SKATING: The Best Rinks for Kids, Teens & Adults
STAY NEAR THE SKATING RINK
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.