Get ready for the holiday season with a skate beneath the stars — Atlantic Station ice skating is back!
If you want to skate the largest outdoor ice rink in the southeast, Atlantic Station is the place to go. There is something so magical about ice skating amid the gleaming skyscrapers on a chilly winter evening.
Outdoor ice skating in Atlanta, GA has become quite popular over the years, so it’s great that Atlantic Station offers a 10,000 square foot track-style rink. You’ll have plenty of room for an awesome skating experience. It’s the closest you can get to skating at Rockefeller Center without hopping a flight to NYC.
The dates for 2020 have not yet been announced, but we’ll update this article with details as soon as they are!
Note: The following information is from the 2019 skate season, as 2020 information has not yet been released.
For those who aren’t interested in skating, there is ample seating to watch in a nice climate controlled section. There is a snack shop nearby that sells hot chocolate, snacks, bottled water, Coca-Cola products, wine, beer, and alcoholic beverages.
After ice skating, keep the fun going will some of the great activities offered at Atlantic Station, just in time for the holiday season! See the lights, or grab a bite at one of the 17 Atlantic Station restaurants.
Want to see snow?! My favorite is the nightly Snow Shows — it’s just the perfect way to get in the holiday spirit. Skate the Station, Santa’s Cottage and Snow Shows are all located on the west side of Atlantic Station.
For your little ones, don’t miss the miniature train that takes them all around the station. It’s a huge hit!
And you can finish off the night off with a stop at Kilwin’s for hot chocolate or other sweet treats.
Atlantic Station Ice Skating: Know Before You Go
- The parking deck for Atlantic Station is underground. Parking is free for up to two hours.
- Atlantic Station ice skating rink has a pretty good-sized Zamboni (it’s actually a size for ice hockey rinks) to keep the ice smooth too.
- Skates are available from Toddler 8 to Adult 15. You can bring your own skates, but there is no discount to do so.
- For wee ones, double bladed skates are available (sizes 10/11/12), as well as skate trainers (for an additional $5).
- The Atlantic Station ice skating rink is completely outside, and uncovered — which is part of its charm! (Unless it rains…) The colder it is, the better the ice, so if there are wintery temperatures, just bundle up. However, when the weather is warm the ice won’t set up as well and it could be a bit watery. (So…you could get a bit wet if you fall.) Just be prepared, and know what to expect before you go.
- If you plan to come skating more than a couple times, purchasing a SEASON PASS is your best deal! After purchasing your season pass online, bring the Eventbrite ticket to the Skate the Station ticket counter to pick up your season pass card.
- Skip the Line tickets can be purchased online. They are exactly as they sound — so look for the Skip the Line signs when you arrive so you can….skip the line!
- Tickets are valid at any time during operating hours on your selected date. There are no specific skating sessions each day.
- Tickets are available at the Skate Atlantic Station Atlanta ticket window on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Lockers are available to store your valuables while you skate for $.50