‘Tis the season to ice skate!
If you’re ready to go ice skating Atlanta has some great options for you! Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly adventure, or a quiet date night, there are plenty of great rinks with real ice to choose from in and around our great city, and some others in Georgia. We’ve got you covered!
Also, we frequently get requests like, “Help me find an ice skating rink near me,” so we’ve added addresses and phone numbers for easy searching. Many have Monday through Thursday evening hours and extended weekend hours for families and time for the older crowd too!
So with no further ado, here are the best ice skating rinks in Atlanta!
**Note: This list is still being updated for 2022!
ICE SKATING ATLANTA
Historic Rail Park at Pullman Yard | 225 Rogers St NE | Atlanta
Dates: Opens November 23, 2022
Pullman Yards is a historic property that’s located on the edges of Kirkwood and Edgewood. It’s been home to history, innovation, film projects and now…ice skating!
Ice skating is $15 for adults, $12 for kids 5 & under and rental skates. The rink will be open Tuesday-Thursday from 4:00 p.m. until 10 p.m., Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. through Wednesday, February 15, 2023. On Friday and Saturdays, there will be a special adult skate for those 16+ from 8:00 p.m. to 11 p.m.
The popular rink – usually host to roller skating (which moves inside for the winter) will be sided by a toasty marshmallow bar serving a variety of over-the-top marshmallow flavors for roasting by the fire, alongside festive libations like the “Gimme S’more” with graham cracker whiskey, hot cocoa & s’mores Bailey’s and a toasted marshmallow stout.
ATLANTIC STATION ICE SKATING
1380 Atlantic Dr NW | Atlanta | 404-410-4010
Dates: Nov. 18, 2022 – Jan 16, 2023
It’s back! Ice skating amid gleaming skyscrapers on a chilly winter evening is magical, and that’s what you’ll get at Skate the Station at Atlantic Station.
Outdoor ice skating in Atlanta has become quite popular over the years, and Atlantic Station has a 10,000-square-foot track-style rink that is sure to surpass your expectations. It’s the largest outdoor ice rink in the southeast!
Skate the Station at Atlantic Station is the closest you can get to skating at Rockefeller Center without hopping a flight to NYC. Read all our tips and tricks to make your visit to one of our favorite ice skating rinks in Atlanta the best it can be.
Tickets are subject to sell out and therefore may not be available for walk-ups. Coming on the weekend? Buy online in advance to guarantee your spot.
Best for All Ages, Tweens and Teens.
THE RINK AT PARK TAVERN
500 10th St NE | Atlanta | 404-249-0001
Dates: Thanksgiving Day 2022 until Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 16, 2023)
Park Tavern’s ice skating rink is a nice-sized rink with good amenities and spectacular views.
This holiday season, Park Tavern in Piedmont Park is bringing b the power of miracles, whimsy, and holiday cheer to Atlanta’s most popular ice-skating rink in the heart of Midtown. The Rink Powered by Pepsi will bring patrons unobstructed views of Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline.
Skaters will stay warm under the heated Garden Tent, enjoy a state-of-the-art sound system, and an 85-foot long and 40-foot wide rink.
Complimented by Park Tavern’s dog-friendly, expansive patio overlooking Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline, guests can hit the ice, relax in private cabanas and bubble tents, gather around stone fire pits and cook s’mores, and catch their favorite teams and holiday movies on numerous flatscreen TVs. Park Tavern offers park-side dining, seasonal cocktails, desserts, igloo experiences, and more. They also offer 1/2 price bottles of wine every Wednesday.
Special rink desserts are available, including gourmet hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings – Mmmm. For those that just want to watch the little ones, there is a full bar available within the ice rink (try the adult hot chocolate).
The Park Tavern’s location off Piedmont Park can’t be beat and has a beautiful view of the Midtown Skyline. This rink is open Thanksgiving thru Martin Luther King Jr. Day in 2023 so if you don’t get there over the holidays, there’s still time to skate after the other rinks end their season.
The state of the rink at Park Tavern stays nice due to the resurfacing the ice team does throughout the day.
Tickets for Park Tavern ice rink must be ordered online. You can order them prior to going, or use a computer that has been set up at The Tavern for that purpose.
The price includes skate rentals, which are hockey skates. So if your little princess (or prince) wants skates like Olympic skaters, better bring your own. The Park Tavern does not have trainers or other assistance for young skaters.
Tip: Go ahead and pay for parking in the lot, they actively boot around the park.
PONCE CITY MARKET SKATE THE SKY
Ponce City Market N NE | Atlanta
Opening Date: Nov. 25, 2022
Back for a seventh year, The Roof at Ponce City Market invites guests to “Skate the Sky.” Ten stories above Ponce de Leon Avenue, the Rooftop Terrace will feature a 3,500-square-foot ice skating rink open seven days a week.
High above Ponce de Leon Avenue and overlooking the Atlanta Beltline and Old Fourth Ward, Rooftop Terrace will transform into a rooftop winter wonderland. Guests will be able to enter the ice rink as a walk-in from Skyline Park or Nine Mile Station.
Tickets can be purchased as early at 11:00 a.m. and for skating as late as 11:00 p.m. Pay attention though if you have children, because typically family hours will be every Saturday and Sunday from during the daytime and visitors can skate and sing along with The Roof’s resident Ice Queen. But, starting at 5:00 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, visitors 21 and over will be able to dance the night away to music spun by local DJs.
All-access tickets will be $30 for adults and $22 for children, and include ice skating, unlimited gameplay and admission to The Roof. Reservations include 50 minutes of skating, ice skate rentals and unlimited gameplay at Skyline Park. Skaters must be at least five years of age to skate, and individuals under 12 must be accompanied by an adult skater. Hours for the rink will be the same as The Roof’s regular operating hours, available here.
Skyline Park Atlanta invested in a cooler for this rooftop terrace ice rink, which sits below the ice. This means that when the other rinks are melting, Skyline Park Atlanta will be solid ice. There’s also a tent covering so you can skate when it’s raining outside. We loved the views of the city too…and having Nine Mile Station right there. Light snacks, hot chocolate and a full bar are right off the rink.
Don’t forget about Skate the Sky igloo reservations! Choose between an All Ages reservation or a 21+.
Ages 5+ during the day, 21+ in the evenings.
AVALON ICE SKATING RINK
400 Avalon Boulevard | Alpharetta | 770-765-1000
Dates: November 20, 2022 – January 16, 2023
Tis’ the season to lace up your skates and glide into the holiday spirit at Avalon on Ice! Avalon on Ice is similar to Atlantic Station, in that they are both outdoor rinks. This family-friendly rink has bathrooms nearby, plenty of seating, and an indoor soft playground for little ones. Free parking is nearby.
There are also plenty of shops, including Goldberg’s where you can get a hot coffee and watch the skaters. You can comfortably watch the skaters, or just sit in front of the fireplace on a comfy couch (although you won’t see the skaters from there).
General Admission: $18/person and children (9 years old & under): $14/child, includes skates.
If your child wants to skate, but they don’t have skates small enough, ask about blades only that can be attached to their shoes. For more about Avalon Ice Skating, see our full post here: Festive Ice Skating at Avalon
Best for All Ages, Tween and Teens
FROSTY’S ICE RINK AT LAKE LANIER
7650 Lanier Islands Pkwy | Buford | 678-304-3120
Dates: November 19, 2022 until February 26, 2023.
Ready for some snowy fun? Take a spin on Frosty’s Ice Rink at Lake Lanier!
Margaritaville at Lanier Islands and transforms this summertime destination into a winter wonderland – License to Chill: Snow Island.
There’s something about gliding around the skating rink goes hand in hand with the holidays! If you’ve never tried ice skating before, try it this winter, it’s a fun way to spend time with family or friends and great for date night too.
Find out all the different activities available at Lake Lanier during the holidays in our post.
Best for All Ages, Tween and Teens
BLUE RIDGE ON ICE
787 Summit Street| Blue Ridge
Dates: November 18, 2022 until January 9, 2023
Ice Skating opens at the Blue Ridge Farmers Market, located next door to The Swan Drive-In. They will be open beginning Friday, November 18th and continuing through January 9th. They will be open daily and will have special hours on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Cost is $10.00 and includes skate rental. Check their site often for times of operation! Concession stand items available for purchase so warm up with a hot chocolate or a sweet or savory treat!
ICE RINK AT SUGAR HILL
3100 Pond Ridge Trail | Snellville | 770-554-7506
Since 1998 Have An Ice Day Enterprise has been providing quality family fun to thousands of skaters. They are located in the city of Sugar Hill at the City Hall providing the largest portable ice skating rink in the southeastern United States continuing our legacy of great entertainment for the family. Full concessions on-site, but no outside drink or food is permitted.
ICE SKATING IN GEORGIA
These rinks are outside the Atlanta metro area. If you’ve been, let us know what to expect!
- Olde Town Conyers Pavilion. (Conyers) Experience ice skating in Conyers, Ga. at Ice Days. The longest running outdoor Ice Rink in the State of Georgia, this year, they’re celebrating being open for 20 years! This is an indoor/outdoor rink for the family in a botanical setting. Don’t forget about the Ice Days Snack bar! Nachos, hot dogs, hot chocolate, candy and more and you don’t even have to take your skates off! Dates: Nov. 18, 2022 until February 12, 2023.
- Ice Days in Covington. (Covington) Ice Days’ newest location will open in for its second season in Covington at Legion Field Fair Grounds. Dates: November 17, 2022 until February 19, 2023.
- Athens on Ice. (Athens) Ice skating returns to the Classic City in November! Experience this holiday season with safe, outdoor fun. Athens on Ice will be back at Akins Ford Arena at The Classic Center this holiday season. ‘Tis the season to be safe! With mobile tickets, limited capacities, and extra sanitation measures, you can relax and enjoy the most magical time of the year. 2022 Dates have not been announced yet.
- Evans on Ice. (Augusta) This holiday season they’re rolling out the white carpet to bring you the CSRA’s premiere winter festival, Evans on Ice! Complete with an expansive outdoor ice-skating rink, including ice-skating lessons, private parties, weekend train rides and roasting marshmallows, occasional acoustic live music, movies in the park and endless holiday magic! Dates: November 14, 2022 until January 8, 2023.
- Reynolds Lake Oconee. (Lake Oconee) If you happen to be staying at the Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee this year – and holy cannoli, do they have some great holiday packages and events – then you can experience ice skating and a life-size gingerbread house. WOW! Guests can glide across the 5,000 square-foot ice rink, holding hands and laughing as they take in views of Lake Oconee. Ice Skating is complimentary for all registered resort guests within the Resort Fee. Dates: Daily in December for guests.
- Ice Skating at the Macon Coliseum. (Macon) Public Ice Skating is back for the 2022-2023 season! Ice skating sessions will be limited to 150 individuals per session. Each session is one (1) hour long with a break in between to clean and sanitize the ice rink and surrounding public spaces. Tickets for venue entry are $10 per person and include your skate rental. They even have public skating times after the conclusion of their Macon Mayhem hockey games — so you can make a whole night of it! Dates: November 18 until December 31, 2022.
ADDITIONAL ICE RINKS WE HAVEN’T YET VISITED
As we visit the ice rinks below, we’ll update this post with a review. In the meantime, if you’ve been and have some insight to share, please let us know.
- The Cooler, Alpharetta. This is an indoor ice skating rink and hockey facility, not a holiday rink. They do offer public skate dates, though!
- Ice Forum, Kennesaw. 300 Satellite Blvd NW | Duluth |770-813-1010 This is the official practice facility for the Gladiators hockey team and they also have skate instruction. They also have public skate sessions for fun, too! Want to learn to skate? Try out their skate school!
- Center Ice Arena. Sandy Springs. Learn to skate, play hockey, or just enjoy gliding across the ice during one of their public skating dates.
MORE HOLIDAY FUN:
- YOUR GEORGIA VACATION
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Christmas in Atlanta: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: 27+ Sparkling Christmas Light Displays in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 17+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
- MORE ICE SKATING: Avalon Ice Skating Rink: Festive Holiday Skating in Alpharetta
- SNOW NEAR ATLANTA: 14+ Great Spots Atlanta Locals Can Find Winter Weather
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC