‘Tis the season to ice skate!
If you’re ready to go ice skating, Atlanta has some great options for you! Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly adventure, or a quiet date night, there are plenty of great rinks to choose from in and around our great city. We’ve got you covered!
Also, we frequently get requests like, “Help me find an ice skating rink near me,” so we’ve added addresses and phone numbers for easy searching.
So with no further ado, here are the best ice skating rinks in Atlanta!
Atlantic Station Ice Skating
1380 Atlantic Dr NW | Atlanta | 404-410-4010
Dates: Nov. 19, 2021 – Jan. 17, 2022
It’s back! Ice skating amid gleaming skyscrapers on a chilly winter evening is magical, and that’s what you’ll get at Skate the Station at Atlantic Station.
Outdoor ice skating in Atlanta has become quite popular over the years, and Atlantic Station has a 10,000-square-foot track-style rink that is sure to surpass your expectations. It’s the largest outdoor ice rink in the southeast!
Skate the Station at Atlantic Station is the closest you can get to skating at Rockefeller Center without hopping a flight to NYC. Read all our tips and tricks to make your visit to one of our favorite ice skating rinks in Atlanta the best it can be.
This year, tickets are available online and at the door (if they’re available). Timed ticketing and other safety protocols will be adhered to. Tickets will be on sale here.
Best for All Ages, Tweens and Teens.
The Rink at Park Tavern
500 10th St NE | Atlanta | 404-249-0001
Dates: Thanksgiving Day 2021-President’s Day 2022
Park Tavern’s ice skating rink is a nice-sized rink with good amenities and spectacular views.
This holiday season, Park Tavern in Piedmont Park is bringing b the power of miracles, whimsy, and holiday cheer to Atlanta’s most popular ice-skating rink in the heart of Midtown. The Rink Powered by Pepsi Zero will bring patrons unobstructed views of Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline.
Skaters will stay warm under the heated Garden Tent, enjoy a state-of-the-art sound system, and an 85-foot long and 40-foot wide rink. Due to COVID they are continuing to limit the capacity of skaters on the ice for the 2021-2022 season.
Complimented by Park Tavern’s dog-friendly, expansive patio overlooking Piedmont Park and the Midtown skyline, guests can hit the ice, relax in private cabanas and bubble tents, gather around stone fire pits and cook s’mores, and catch their favorite teams and holiday movies on numerous flatscreen TVs. Park Tavern offers park-side dining, seasonal cocktails, desserts, igloo experiences, and more. They also offer 1/2 price bottles of wine every Wednesday.
Special rink desserts are available, including gourmet hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings – Mmmm. For those that just want to watch the little ones, there is a full bar available within the ice rink (try the adult hot chocolate).
The Park Tavern’s location off Piedmont Park can’t be beat and has a beautiful view of the Midtown Skyline. This rink is open Thanksgiving thru Monday, February 21, 2022 so if you don’t get there over the holidays, there’s still time to skate after the other rinks end their season.
The Rink at Park Tavern Powered by Pepsi Zero will be open Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to midnight and Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to midnight. At 8:00 p.m., The Rink becomes a 16+ venue until midnight.
Guests of all ages can enjoy skating experiences for $15 Monday through Thursday and $20 Friday through Sunday until 8 p.m.
The state of the rink at Park Tavern stays nice due to the resurfacing the ice team does throughout the day.
Tickets for Park Tavern ice rink must be ordered online. You can order them prior to going, or use a computer that has been set up at The Tavern for that purpose.
The price includes skate rentals, which are hockey skates. So if your little princess (or prince) wants skates like Olympic skaters, better bring your own. The Park Tavern does not have trainers or other assistance for young skaters.
Tip: Go ahead and pay for parking in the lot, they actively boot around the park.
All Ages during the Day, Ages 16+ after 8:30 p.m.
Ponce City Market Skate the Sky
Ponce City Market N NE | Atlanta
Dates: Nov. 26, 2021-Jan. 9, 2022
Ponce City Market’s Skate the Sky 3,500-square-foot ice skating rink has only been around since 2017, but it’s becoming a favorite, especially as an adult date night.
Family hours will be every Saturday and Sunday from Noon-3 p.m., and during this time, visitors can skate and sing along with The Roof’s resident Ice Queen. Starting at 8 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays, visitors 21 and over will be able to dance the night away to music spun by local DJs.
Book your skating adventure high above the rest with 50 minutes of ice skating, and unlimited gameplay at Skyline Park. Ice Skating includes General Admission to The Roof, re-entry to the Roof, Ice-Skating for 50 minutes, Ice Skate rentals, and Unlimited Gameplay at Skyline Park.
Skyline Park Atlanta invested in a cooler for this rooftop terrace ice rink, which sits below the ice. This means that when the other rinks are melting, Skyline Park Atlanta will be solid ice. There’s also a tent covering so you can skate when it’s raining outside. We loved the views of the city too…and having Nine Mile Station right there. Light snacks, hot chocolate and a full bar are right off the rink.
Don’t forget about igloo reservations and there are only a few left! Book a family-friendly igloo with the Ice Queen, a 21+ Igloo at the Skating Rink, or a full dinner experience igloo at 9 Mile Station!
Ages 5+ during the day, 21+ in the evenings
Avalon Ice Skating Rink
400 Avalon Boulevard | Alpharetta | 770-765-1000
Dates: Nov. 21, 2021 – Jan. 17, 2022
Avalon on Ice is similar to Atlantic Station, in that they are both outdoor rinks. This family-friendly rink has bathrooms nearby, plenty of seating, and an indoor soft playground for little ones. Free parking is nearby.
There are also plenty of shops, including Goldberg’s where you can get a hot coffee and watch the skaters. You can comfortably watch the skaters, or just sit in front of the fireplace on a comfy couch (although you won’t see the skaters from there).
If your child wants to skate, but they don’t have skates small enough, ask about blades only that can be attached to their shoes. For more about Avalon Ice Skating, see our full post here: Festive Ice Skating at Avalon
Best for All Ages, Tween and Teens
St. Regis Skating Rink, Atlanta
Eighty-Eight, West Paces Ferry Rd NW | Atlanta | 404-563-7900
Note: No information has yet been released about the St. Regis Astor ice rink in 2021. It was canceled in 2020.
For a luxurious winter experience, take the family ice skating at the St. Regis Astor ice rink in Buckhead. This rink is an intimate affair, limited to only 30 people per hour this is the most intimate setting, perfect for younger kids who aren’t sure of themselves. Parents get some holiday cheer by sipping cocktails ringside while kids glide around, or roast marshmallows nearby for s’mores. The hot cocoa is like drinking a chocolate bar and I loved the crunchy jimmies on top. And don’t miss the life-sized gingerbread house in the lobby. Reservations are recommended, but when we went, there were still a few reservations that evening, so don’t assume they’re booked. However, as it gets closer to Christmas, things do get a bit more crowded, especially on the weekends. The biggest con here is the price – it ain’t cheap. Best for All Ages, Young Children
Frosty’s Ice Rink at Lake Lanier
7650 Lanier Islands Pkwy | Buford | 678-304-3120
Dates: Nov. 12, 2021 – Feb. 27, 2022
Ready for some snowy fun? Take a spin on Frosty’s Ice Rink at Lake Lanier!
Safe Harbor Development has invested 3.5 million into Margaritaville at Lanier Islands and transformed the summertime destination into a winter wonderland – License to Chill: Snow Island.
In the past the holiday rink has been plastic, but now it’s back to real ice!
Find out all the different activities available at Lake Lanier during the holidays in our post.
Best for All Ages, Tween and Teens
The Rink at INOLA Blue Ridge
9265 Blue Ridge Dr | Blue Ridge | 678-431-9270
Note: Ice Skating has been canceled in 2021.
The Annual INOLA Holiday Festival and ice skating rink has been canceled again in 2021.
The colonial-style village in Blue Ridge was built in the 1980s, and includes historic building replicas found in Williamsburg, Virginia. The rink will open every day at Noon and close at 10 p.m. (They will close at 5 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve, and will be closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.) Season passes are available. Food trucks will be available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. At sunset, INOLA will dazzle as holiday lights twinkle throughout the village, including the illuminated maze! Best for All Ages, Tween and Teens
ICE SKATING IN GEORGIA
These rinks are outside the Atlanta metro area. If you’ve been, let us know what to expect!
- Olde Town Conyers Pavilion. (Conyers) Experience ice skating in Conyers, Ga. at Ice Days. This is an indoor/outdoor rink for the family in a botanical setting. Opens Nov. 19, 2021.
- Ice Days in Covington. (Covington) Ice Days’ newest location will open in for its second season in Covington at Legion Field Fair Grounds on Nov. 19, 2021.
- Athens on Ice. (Athens) Ice skating returns to the Classic City in November! Experience this holiday season with safe, outdoor fun. Athens on Ice will be back at Akins Ford Arena at The Classic Center this holiday season. ‘Tis the season to be safe! With mobile tickets, limited capacities, and extra sanitation measures, you can relax and enjoy the most magical time of the year. More info will be released soon. Opens Nov. 26, 2021.
- Evans on Ice. (Augusta) This holiday season they’re rolling out the white carpet to bring you the CSRA’s premiere winter festival, Evans on Ice! Complete with an expansive outdoor ice-skating rink, including ice-skating lessons, private parties, weekend train rides and roasting marshmallows, occasional acoustic live music, movies in the park and endless holiday magic! DATES: Nov. 17, 2021-Jan. 3, 2022 at Evans Towne Center Park.
- Reynolds Plantation. (Lake Oconee) If you happen to be staying with Reynolds Plantation this year – and holy cannoli, do they have some great holiday packages and events – then you can experience ice skating and a life-size gingerbread house. WOW! Guests can glide across the 5,000 square-foot ice rink, holding hands and laughing as they take in views of Lake Oconee. Ice Skating is complimentary for all registered resort guests within the Resort Fee. Dates: Daily in December for guests.
- Ice Skating at the Macon Coliseum. (Macon) Public Ice Skating is back for the 2021-2022 season! In an effort to maintain public safety and maintain social distancing measures, ice skating sessions will be limited to 150 individuals per session. Each session is 1 hour long. Tickets for venue entry are $10 per person and include your skate rental. They even have public skating times after the conclusion of their Macon Mayhem hockey games — so you can make a whole night of it! Tickets on sale now. Select Dates: Nov. 26-Dec. 31, 2021
- Jekyll Island Ice Skating Village. (Jekyll Island) Note: Ice Skating will not take place on Jekyll in 2021. The ice skating village at Jekyll Island is right off the beach.
ADDITIONAL ICE RINKS WE HAVEN’T YET VISITED
As we visit the ice rinks below, we’ll update this post with a review. In the meantime, if you’ve been and have some insight to share, please let us know.
- The Cooler, Alpharetta. This is an indoor ice skating rink and hockey facility, not a holiday rink. They do offer public skate dates, though!
- Ice Forum, Kennesaw. 300 Satellite Blvd NW | Duluth |770-813-1010 This is the official practice facility for the Gladiators hockey team and they also have skate instruction. They also have public skate sessions for fun, too!
- Center Ice Arena. Sandy Springs. Learn to skate, play hockey, or just enjoy gliding across the ice during one of their public skating dates.
Ice Rink at Sugar Hill. 5039 West Broad Street, Sugar Hill | 770-945-6716 Marietta Ice Center . This is one of the Atlanta hockey rinks /skating facility, not a holiday rink.
MORE HOLIDAY FUN:
- CHRISTMAS TRAIN RIDES: 23 Spectacular Train Rides in Georgia and the Southeast
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Christmas in Atlanta: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: 27+ Sparkling Christmas Light Displays in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 17+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
- MORE ICE SKATING: Avalon Ice Skating Rink: Festive Holiday Skating in Alpharetta
Pin This Post:
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.