There are so many wonderful things to do in Alpharetta GA. Located just 25 miles north of Atlanta, you’ll find plenty of exciting options for date night or for family time.
COOLEST PLACES TO STAY IN ALPHARETTA
- Our Favorite Near Alpharetta: The Hotel at Avalon is a luxe option with spectacular views and a great elevated pool and patio area. There are so many great restaurants nearby, but this hotel bar beckons you to stay with a cozy fireplace and elegant seating.
- Affordable Near Avalon Area: EVEN Hotel Alpharetta – Avalon Area, an IHG hotel, has a restaurant, fitness center, bar, and garden in Alpharetta. With free WiFi, this 4-star hotel offers a free shuttle service. Guests at the hotel can enjoy an à la carte or an American breakfast. There is also proximity to walking trails for those who wish to get outside!
- Cozy Tiny House for Couples: A unique opportunity to stay in this magnificent custom-built “Tiny House” in the heart of Alpharetta. This horse farm home is one of the best and most certainly the unique VRBO listings in the area. 2 guests · Studio · 1 bed · 1 bath. Plus, if you’re on a budget, this place is very affordable!
- Ideal Family Rental: This beautiful home is filled with custom amenities; it’s comfortable, cozy, and clean. Minutes to North Point Mall, shopping, restaurants, and fun activities. All the essentials are provided. Quick WiFi, fully-equipped kitchen with desk/workspace. 5 guests · 2 bedrooms · 3 beds · 2 baths
BEST THINGS TO DO IN ALPHARETTA GA
- Act1 Theatre – With 20+ years of experience, this community theater always offers something fun. You’ll find everything from Shakespeare to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and family-friendly shows too.
- All Fired Up – Paint pottery, try glass fusing, hand-bake a clay creation, and more!
- Alpharetta Art in Brooke Street Park – This outdoor artist market runs rain or shine from May – September, one Saturday each month. Come enjoy the pottery, woodwork, metal work, jewelry creations, handmade children’s clothing, photography, watercolor, oil, mosaic art and much more.
- The Cooler Alpharetta Family Skate – The family that ice skates together stays together! There are also discounts for the kiddos. Seasonally you’ll also find an ice skating rink at Avalon.
- Alpharetta Farmers Market – Shop for fruits, veggies, meats, and flowers in Downtown Alpharetta. Head there Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. from April through November. It is FREE to shop at the Farmer’s Market.
- Alpharetta History Walk – Stop at the Visitor’s Center for a brochure that will take you on a walk to 25 historical markers (and seven more you can drive to) with intriguing stories. Did you know that in the 1800s, the city was a stop for those making their way from Atlanta to the North Georgia Mountains and Dahlonega?
- Alpharetta and Old Milton County History Museum – A great new addition to Alpharetta’s History is this permanent collection of artifacts and interpretative displays that bring Alpharetta’s heritage to life. Open on weekdays, admission is FREE.
- Alpharetta Outfitters – I’m in love with fly-fishing…and Sue recently went as well and fell in love. If you’re looking for guides to help with wading or float trips (gear, instruction, etc.) or great clinics and shopping, this is your place.
- Alpharetta Veteran’s Memorial – Be sure to grab a photo at the 7-ft bronze statue that pays tribute to all those who have served to protect America. Once you’ve been here, head over to the American Legion Post 201 for the Walk of Memories, where you’ll find 8,000 bricks inscribed with the names of Georgians who have served our country. You’ll also find a tank, Huey, and Mark.
- Ameris Bank Amphitheatre – You can enjoy concerts on the lawn. Look for fun community and family-centered events here throughout the year.
- Avalon – Sure, you can do some shopping (this is my go-to place) but there is so much more to this fun shopping and entertainment district. TONS of delicious restaurants (our favorites made this list on their own right), a tot spot…and we love the Living Room with comfy seats and swings, bocce ball court, fro-yo location and even fire pits. Don’t miss ice skating in the winter and other holidays events. FREE to park and shop.
- Avalon Nights Live– Enjoy live music in the Plaza every Friday from April through October at Avalon Nights Live! Bring your tailgate chairs and blankets, enjoy the music, and grab a drink from the event bar.
- Big Creek Greenway – Explore this 9-mile-long paved path for biking, walking, rollerblading, and inline skating along the creek. While you’re out, you’ll see wildlife, like blue herons, and flora and fauna too. Restrooms are available. Click here to find a complete list of parking and access locations.
- Comeback Vinyl – Please tell me I’m not the only one digging the new attention to vinyl! We’re updating our collection regularly, and Comeback Vinyl is a great place for that.
- Cooking Classes – Cooking classes are fun to do as a family! Alpharetta is brimming with opportunities at Publix Apron’s Cooking School, Williams-Sonoma Avalon, Flour Power Kids Cooking Studios, and more.
- Disc Golf at Wills Park – Wills Park has a great playground, and it’s fun to watch the periodic horse shows, but for families, we highly recommend the 18-hole disc golf course. FREE. Willis Park is also home to tennis courts, pickleball courts, and more!
- Geocaching – Geocaching is a fun way to explore a new city, or learn about hidden gems in a familiar one. There are dozens and dozens of caches here, including one that the city added! IT’S FREE.
- Home by Dark Concert Series – Concerts are held on the East Lawn green space directly behind City Hall. Brooke Street Park is a fantastic setting for outdoor concerts. Just bring a blanket or lawn chairs, picnic food, and friends for a family-friendly night of stories, songs, and inspiration you won’t soon forget.
- LEGO Store – If your kiddos love LEGOs, visit the LEGO Store at North Point Mall. There are monthly mini-model builds and more. FREE.
- Main Event – Rainy days are great for escaping indoors. The experience features state-of-the-art bowling, multi-level laser tag, thrilling high ropes adventure courses, captivating game rooms, stylish billiards, flexible meeting rooms, energetic bars, and high-quality restaurants.
- Matilda’s Music Under The Pines – If you are looking for the perfect place to enjoy live music in Alpharetta, whether for a fun date night idea for couples or a family-friendly night out, this is perfect! Not FREE but very AFFORDABLE.
- MiniMe Factory – A new fun and unique attraction where modern 3D technology is used to capture you just the way you are, fully in 3D format, and this is only one of three places where you can do this in the United States! Freeze time and create your own lifelike MiniMe. Sizes range from 3″ – 9″+.
- The Velvet Note – Since 2015, the Velvet Note has consistently been named one of the 100 best jazz clubs in the world and the best Jazz Club in Georgia! The intimate 40-seat venue includes a full restaurant and bar, also.
- TopGolf – Topgolf is SO MUCH FUN! There’s a KidZone, and you can play the Topgolf game, which is exciting even if you’re not a golfer. The food is not too shabby, and they even have weekend brunch.
- Urban Escape Games – Enter a themed game room with an hour to escape. Use clues, solve puzzles, and rack codes for an action-packed hour of fun. Try Odyssey Escape Room, too.
- Webb Bridge Park – Webb Bridge is one of our favorite parks in the area. In the summer, there is nothing like playing in the water feature or building a huge sand castle. Kids love the Wacky World Playground here.
EATS AND DRINKS IN ALPHARETTA GA
- Bagel Boys Cafe – We love Bagel Boys Cafe – with two Alpharetta locations! Jump on the Bagel Melt breakfast sandwich plus a smoothie in the AM…Cashew Chicken Salad Ciabatta should be your go-to for lunch (with soup in winter)! Kids’ menus are available, too.
- Bocado – Who doesn’t love a KILLER burger?! Bocado is the place to get it! We also love their partnerships with other great local eateries like High Road Ice Cream, Sweetgrass Dairy, H&F Bread, and more.
- Branch and Barrel – Chef Todd Hogan leads this gastropub and modern steakhouse. Come for the hand-crafted cocktails, locally sourced foods, and the love shown for all things barreled. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Da Vinci’s Donuts – OMG, the Maple Bacon. There are pre-made gourmet flavors and classic favorites, OR you can design your own by selecting drizzles, icings, and toppings.
- Jekyll Brewing – If you escape without the kiddos, then make your way to Jekyll Brewing. There are now two locations. Jekyll Brewing Marconi Taproom focuses on handcrafted beers that span the globe in taste and style. Jekyll Brewing Alpharetta City Center offers a variety of updated Southern cuisine in addition to over 15 handcrafted beers on tap.
- South Main Kitchen – This is where we ate dinner on our Family Date Night! It’s a farm-to-table experience with just incredible fare. They also have a kiddo menu, which got two thumbs up from my picky eaters.
- Superica – Chef Kevin Maxey and Ford Fry deliver in Alpharetta at Avalon with Superica. The yummy southwestern fare is perfect for date night or as a family friendly affair. Open for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- The Ginger Room – Experience high tea, enjoy a cup of locally-roasted coffee, or grab some all-natural ginger juice at The Ginger Room in downtown Alpharetta.
ALPHARETTA EVENTS YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS
- ShamRockin’ for a Cure (March): This event returns to Alpharetta to rock your night with great food, amazing bands, and of course, dancing while helping to raise money and awareness for Cystic Fibrosis.
- Alpharetta Food Truck Alley (April through October): Stroll the streets, eat delicious food, listen to some great music and kick off the weekend a little early! Approximately six to eight food trucks will roll out amazing eats with seating available on the street.
- Taste of Alpharetta (May): Alpharetta has a great restaurant scene and this event showcases them! Rain or shine, locals and visitors alike will be treated to savory, sweet, spicy, and umami dishes from over 60 of Alpharetta’s best restaurants.
- Alpharetta Arts StreetFest (May): This event features more than 100 artists from across the U.S. Festival. Visitors can stroll through the outdoor gallery, meet the artists and acquire a piece of original whimsical art.
- Alpharetta Art in the Park at Brooke Street Park (May-September): Look for artists at work creating masterpieces right before your eyes at this outdoor market under the trees that attracts art lovers and exhibitors from all over the Atlanta area.
- Alpharetta Wine Festival (June): Sample wines from participating Alpharetta restaurants and businesses. Ticket holders will receive complimentary wine tastings and a commemorative glass.
- Savor the Boulevard (June): Enjoy an exquisite evening of dining al fresco on the Boulevard. Enjoy this four-course menu with beverage pairings from participating restaurants and a live DJ.
- 4th of July Celebration (July): Bring your family for a night under the stars watching a 20+ minute fireworks display at dusk at Wills Park. Attendees are encouraged to pack a picnic, including blankets and chairs.
- Alpharetta Brew Moon Fest (September): Join in on this dancing in the street party with brews from Jekyll Brewing.
- Wire & Wood Alpharetta Music Festival (October – Get a sitter!): Enjoy more than 30 live music performances throughout the streets of Downtown Alpharetta as local, regional, and national artists perform original songs while interacting with the audience.
- Alpharetta Women’s Half Marathon and 5K Race (October): The annual Alpharetta Women’s Half Marathon and 5K is a family-friendly event in the heart of the community.
- Season of Celebration (first three Fridays in December): Spend the most wonderful time of the year in Alpharetta by planning a relaxing Alpharetta holiday retreat to get you and your crew in the joyous spirit.
- Noon Year’s Eve at Avalon (December): This family-friendly event invites partygoers of all ages to ring in 2024 with live music from DJ Willy Wow, face painting, crafts, and a countdown to Noon when a giant balloon drop will welcome in the New Year!
THINGS TO DO IN ALPHARETTA (printable)
Downloadable Things to Do in Alpharetta list to print at home or your local print shop. Perfect to keep in a binder, bring on your adventure or just put on the refrigerator!
(PS. Some of this list is detailed in our article, 41 Things To Do in Alpharetta Ga That We’re Obsessed With and You Will Be Too.)
Format: PDF, US Letter Size, Portrait (8.5”x11”)
You will receive one PDF file. File will be emailed and available for download up to three times upon payment. No physical item will be shipped.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO ALPHARETTA:
- YOUR GEORGIA VACATION:
- ALPHARETTA RESTAURANTS: 35+ Alpharetta Restaurants Locals Love
- ALPHARETTA SHOPPING: 25+ Unique Alpharetta Shopping Experiences We Love
- MATILDA’S: Music Under the Pines Is Perfect Family Fun
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC