Tis the season for ice skating!
Can’t make it to Rockefeller Center this holiday season? Don’t worry! The Avalon ice skating rink is a monumental Rockefeller inspired ice skating rink at Avalon in Alpharetta. The family-friendly outdoor ice rink opens in mid-November and runs through mid-January.
With shops and delicious Avalon restaurants all around it, it’s easy to make a day of it too. It’s the season to lace up those skates, and glide into the holiday!
Ready to learn more? Here’s everything you need to know about Avalon on Ice in Alpharetta, Georgia.
AVALON ON ICE: THE DETAILS
‘Tis the season for holiday spirit at Avalon on Ice!
Avalon on Ice, the Avalon ice skating rink, is located in the Avalon shopping district in Alpharetta amid tons of twinkling lights.
This year, ice skating will be open to the public November 19, 2023, through January 15, 2024. Hours vary by day of the week and school holidays.
Tickets are $18 for adults and $14 for kids ages 9 and under. Prices include the cost of skates.
Guests will want to book ice skating reservations in advance to ensure a skating time slot. Walk-ups are also welcome, but they cannot guarantee you will be able to skate at that time if you choose to go that route.
The rink itself sits in front of the movie theater. There are benches around one side of the rink if you want to watch, or there is a bar-type set up behind the rink fence that is a perfect place to enjoy a hot coffee from Goldberg’s and watch the skaters.
There is also a cushy couch in front of a warm fireplace off to the side…a perfect place to warm up and get into the holiday spirit while the kids skate.
7 REASONS TO LOVE THE AVALON ICE SKATING RINK
Can’t wait to hit the rink? Here are seven other reasons I think Avalon Mall is one of the better places for ice skating in Atlanta.
- Zamboni Ice Repair. Ice in Georgia is a spotty thing, even during the holiday season. If it’s too warm, it doesn’t freeze well, and gets chopped up pretty easily. The Avalon ice skating rink has its own Zamboni to smooth out the ice and they do it quite often. In the two hours we were there, they had the Zamboni out twice. It’s always more fun to skate on smooth ice.
- Warm Bathrooms. This ice skating rink is very family friendly. There are nice, warm bathrooms around the corner, next to the movie theater.
- Soft Playground. Next to the bathrooms is a soft play area for little ones who aren’t big enough to skate, or who have tired of the cold. There is an indoor area with garage doors that can open up to more climbing obstacles outside. The entire area is fence with only one way in or out.
- Free Parking. Parking is free in a deck on the side of the movie theater. There is also valet right in front of the rink.
- Shopping. After taking some pictures and watching the boys, I slipped away for a few minutes to window shop the Avalon stores. I could have done some all out buying if I’d had more time. It’s easy to get in the holiday spirit at Avalon!
- Avalon Restaurants. There are lots of different restaurants in Avalon. Many are local chains with only two or three locations around the city, including some of my favorites from in-town like Antico Pizza and Bocado Burgers. Read More: Secret’s Out: 35+ Alpharetta Restaurants Locals Love
- Close Proximity to 400. The Avalon is conveniently located just off Georgia 400, so it’s easy to get there.
THINGS TO DO IN ALPHARETTA (printable)
Download this 1-page checklist of Things to Do in Alpharetta to print at home or your local print shop. Perfect to keep in a binder, bring on your adventure or just put on the refrigerator!
(PS. Some of this list is detailed in our article, 41 Things To Do in Alpharetta Ga That We’re Obsessed With and You Will Be Too.)
Format: PDF, US Letter Size, Portrait (8.5”x11”)
You will receive one PDF file. File will be emailed and available for download up to three times upon payment. No physical item will be shipped.
MORE INFORMATION FOR HOLIDAY FUN IN ATLANTA
- ICE SKATING: The Best Rinks for Kids, Teens & Adults In Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TRAIN RIDES: 23 Spectacular Train Rides in Georgia and the Southeast
- CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Christmas in Atlanta: Your Guide To Only The Very Best Christmas Events
- CHRISTMAS LIGHTS: 27+ Sparkling Christmas Light Displays in Atlanta
- CHRISTMAS TREES: 17+ Unforgettable Christmas Tree Farms in Atlanta You’ll Adore
STAY NEAR THE AVALON ICE SKATING RINK
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC