Georgia is a beautiful state full of fun adventures, exciting cities, and plenty of romantic getaways.
Wondering which of the romantic getaways in Georgia are right for you? Are you looking for a posh escape on the Georgia coast? A rustic retreat in the mountains? Maybe an artistic and eclectic delight in the state’s beloved college town?
Whatever romance means to you and yours, Georgia can deliver. Enjoy this list of our 45 favorite resorts, hotels, B&Bs and romantic weekend getaways in the Peach State.
OUR FAVORITE ESCAPES
Making new memories with your one and only can be one of the best ways to stay in tune and focused on keeping your relationship fun and exciting. Whether dating, newly married or longtime lovebirds, there is an epic romantic escape awaiting you in Alpharetta.
Uncover unique interests about each other along the way as you experience new adventures together. You are guaranteed to find the perfect romantic getaway or “staycation” for you and your sweetheart in this beautiful, southern city.
ROMANTIC GETAWAYS IN ATLANTA
- Artmore Hotel (Midtown) The historic building with strong notes of Spanish-influence is discreet and modest from the outside, but the courtyard, bar, and rooms will “wow” you with their modern design.
- The St. Regis Atlanta (Buckhead) The St. Regis Atlanta stands out as a true "in-town" luxury resort that is gracious in each finely crafted detail. You'll love the heated pool, on-site spa, butler service, and amazing in-house restaurants.
- Intown Treehouse (Buckhead) Suite of three beautifully furnished rooms set amongst the trees. Just minutes from downtown, this secluded property is an urban retreat like no other. The treehouse consists of 3 separate areas - Mind, Body and Spirit - each connected by rope-bridges. It's insanely beautiful, and has been featured on The Today Show, Architectural Digest, and more.
- Waldorf Astoria Atlanta Buckhead (Buckhead) Blending contemporary style with classic luxury, the Waldorf features an indoor pool, Waldorf Astoria Spa, and private English gardens. Enjoy Afternoon Tea, eat dinner at the on-site restaurant, Brassica, or -- if staying in is more your style -- in-room dining is also available.
- Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead (Buckhead) Spacious rooms, spectacular views from 25 stories, a relaxing Japanese Zen Garden, an outdoor pool and a delightful Executive Lounge make Grand Hyatt a great romantic getaway.
- Stonehurst Place (Midtown) This luxury Atlanta bed and breakfast is a unique combination of impeccable preservation and modern amenities. Beautiful original details are combined with up-to-date features, such as luxurious bathrooms and contemporary furnishings. You'll love the gourmet breakfasts and daily refreshments served at this former home from the 19th century.
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta (Midtown) Positioned on the first 19 floors of a 50-story Midtown hotel and residential tower, Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta boasts 244 ultra-spacious hotel guest rooms, including 18 luxury suites. Enjoy breakfast at Park 75 before heading out to explore the city, or stay in for a healthy dose of self-care at the spa. Make sure to end your night with dinner and drinks at Bar Margot.
- The Georgian Terrace Hotel (Midtown) The Georgian Terrace is a luxury Midtown Atlanta hotel offering modern amenities in a historic location near the historic Fox Theater. Treat yourselves to one of their three unique dining venues.
- The Ellis Hotel (Downtown) Luxury accommodations strike the perfect balance between classic and contemporary – infusing a design and décor worthy of the National Register of Historic Hotels with every imaginable modern comfort. The Terrace Restaurant serves a light dinner menu and features an outside balcony overlooking Peachtree Street.
- Glenn Hotel (Downtown) Glenn’s Personal Hosts customize each visit, as if you are were a guest in their home, starting with a welcome libation and continuing through to a fond farewell. Splurge on the suite, and don't miss the rooftop bar.
ROMANTIC GETAWAYS IN GEORGIA: NORTH OF THE CITY
- Serenity in the Mountains (Blue Ridge) Serenity offers huge 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom suites that resemble a lodge or cabin. Their Romantic Getaway package includes a couples massage, breakfast daily, and wine, cheese and strawberry platter upon arrival.
- Barnsley Resort (Adairsville) Barnsley blends a charming and romantic history with nature, outdoor sports, food, wine, and a healthy dose of pampering. Guests can enjoy the on-site bar, along with uniquely decorated and themed rooms. Read about the love story behind the escape.
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa (Young Harris) Nestled among the North Georgia Mountains, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa quietly redefines the typical mountain getaway. Experience exceptional accommodations and dining, championship golf, stables, a 7,500-square-foot spa, and a wide range of activities.
- Dillard House (Dillard) The Dillard House Inn has beautiful fireplace suites and jacuzzi suites to make your romantic getaway a memorable time. You'll find standard deluxe and luxury rooms at the Dillard House Inn, quaint cottages, secluded chalets, and original Rock House rooms too. Be sure to call the stables and arrange a couples horseback riding session.
- Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant (Lakemont) Experience an upscale, rustic North Georgia boutique hotel with modern amenities in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Located across from Lake Rabun, this North Georgia mountain lodge features fresh, seasonal menus, as well as delicious gourmet breakfasts served in their award winning restaurant.
- Hotel Indigo Athens (Athens) Taking its architectural cue from the covered bridges of the American South, Hotel Indigo Athens elevates the downtown cityscape of “The Classic City.” Pairing Southern farmstead modern style with a deep appreciation for local culture, this boutique retreat offers a Jacuzzi tub suite or a Baby Grand suite for music lovers.
- Lucille's Mountain Top Inn & Spa (Sautee) Lucille's Mountain Top Inn & Spa is a luxury B&B and day spa located on a mountain overlooking panoramic ridge lines of the Blue Ridge Mountains and the picturesque Sautee Valley. The Relax, Recharge Spa Getaway package includes massages and spa treatments, along with a fruit and cheese plate in your room.
- Chateau Elan Winery And Resort (Braselton) This sprawling property features multiple restaurants, professionally staffed golf and tennis clubs, a world-class spa, and more. The newly renovated luxury guest rooms, private villas, and heavenly spa suites are worth a visit. You'll love the modern bathrooms featuring oversized soaking tubs and separate showers.
- The Smith House (Dahlonega) The Smith House is famous for much more than serving delicious and abundant family style meals in their dining room. The inn offers newly renovated guest rooms located in The Main House and the cozy Carriage House.
- Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast (Lookout Mountain) At just over 1,800 feet above sea level, the Chanticleer Inn Bed and Breakfast sits with distinction high atop Lookout Mountain on a beautiful plateau that borders Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The mountain offers plenty of wonderfully romantic views of Chattanooga Valley and surrounding areas.
- Graduate Athens (Athens) Our Athens boutique hotel rooms are ready for a night like you’ve never had before, where little moments of surprise and discovery will meet you down every corridor. Stop for brews and music at The Foundry, then stay at the boutique hotel with contemporary charm.
- Howard Finster's Paradise Garden Suite (Summerville) The eclectic Artist in Residence Cottage is professionally decorated by acclaimed designer Summer Loftin. Your stay includes unlimited access to Howard Finster's Paradise Garden.
MIDDLE & SOUTH GEORGIA
- The Partridge Inn Augusta (Augusta) Partridge Inn is an Historic Hotel of America, yet the contemporary renovations and sleek styling make it an elegant and modern hotel selection. You'll love the outdoor pool and on-site restaurant.
- Inn at Serenbe (Palmetto) The Inn at Serenbe is nestled in the rolling countryside on the edge of Atlanta. You'll love the 900 acres include preserved forestland, 15 miles of trails that go by two waterfalls, pools, hot tubs, and endless opportunities for relaxing and connecting with nature. Enjoy trail rides, spa services, yoga, and more. A delicious breakfast at The Farmhouse is included in your stay.
- Callaway Resort & Gardens (Pine Mountain) Paying homage to the natural wonders that reside in the Appalachian foothills, rich earth tones and architectural elements, like aged wood and fieldstone accents, greet you upon arrival. Each guest room features a private balcony, allowing guests to start their day with a deep breath of the fresh air that inhabits Callaway Gardens.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Reynolds Plantation (Greensboro) From the spacious suites to the outdoor activities, and from the ample amenities to the dining options, Reynolds Plantation lives up to the Ritz-Carlton name with their attention to detail and superb customer satisfaction. The Reconnect Package features breakfast for two, and a $75 resort credit per night.
- Reynolds Lake Oconee Resort (Greensboro) Reynolds vacation rentals offer you a resort-style vacation with all the comforts of home on Lake Oconee, with options to play golf or enjoy some water fun.
- Merry Acres Inn (Albany) Imagine resting in a spacious suite with hardwood floors, swimming for hours in a mineral-water pool, and dining outdoors on a true southern porch (complete with ceiling fans and sweet tea). Merry Acres Inn drips with hospitality and charm. This boutique-style hotel features 110 rooms and was built in 1952. The newly renovated spaces have more of a bed and breakfast vibe, and it makes for one of the best romantic getaways in Georgia.
- Farmhouse Inn (Madison) Nestled in beautiful Madison, Georgia, the Farmhouse Inn offers 12 bedrooms made up by their five private guestrooms, a five-bedroom farmhouse and two-bedroom cottage. Hundred Acre Farm offers great birding, hiking, and fishing during your stay. The natural beauty of their permanently preserved forest and meadows, and the serenity of the farm, will melt all your urban stresses away.
ROMANTIC GETAWAYS IN GEORGIA: ON THE COAST
- The Cloister at Sea Island (Sea Island) Experience the personal service, spectacular fine dining, and signature activities that have made The Cloister an enduring tradition. Surrender to the lure of 200 world-class hotel rooms and suites showcasing a unique natural setting and exclusive access to five miles of private beach. If the Cloister is a bit above your budget, try the Inn at Sea Island.
- Jekyll Island Club Hotel (Jekyll Island) Founded in 1886, the Club was once the private winter retreat of America’s wealthiest families, but now you can stay there! The Victorian clubhouse with its famed turret, along with a collection of adjacent structures, have been splendidly restored and are the centerpiece of Jekyll Island’s renowned National Historic Landmark District. They also have a new oceanfront property, too!
- The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa (Savannah) The Westin Savannah sits on the Savannah River with the best view of the "Hostess City" and the historic Savannah River District. This property’s prime waterfront location sets them apart from other Savannah GA hotels.
- Lodges at Little St Simons Island (St Simons Island) One of the crown jewels of Georgia's famed Golden Isles, Little St. Simons Island offers 7 miles of pristine beaches and 10,000 acres of undeveloped wilderness for exploration and relaxation. Privately owned since 1908 and accessible only by boat, Little St. Simons Island has retained the charm and unhurried pace of coastal living.
- Greyfield Inn (Cumberland Island) The Greyfield Inn is a grand and graceful mansion located on Georgia's Golden Isles on the state's southernmost coastal island, Cumberland Island. Converted to an inn in 1962, Greyfield Inn exudes the welcoming atmosphere and charm of a family home.
- The Gastonian (Savannah) Voted the "Best B & B of Savannah," The Gastonian is located just blocks from Savannah's beautiful Forsyth Park, and consists of two adjoining luxury Regency-Italianate-style mansions built in 1868. The Gastonian, rated AAA Four-Diamond, boasts a stellar reputation as an award-winning boutique bed and breakfast.
- Azalea Inn & Villas (Savannah) This historic Savannah accommodation offers visitors the choice of Bed and Breakfast lodging or Villa vacation rentals. The laid-back Southern charms at Azalea Inn & Villas include veranda porches, guest parlors, swimming pool, hidden gardens and evening wine with light appetizers.
- Ballastone Inn (Savannah) Get away to this historic Savannah hotel lodging, with 16 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, Victorian furnishings, elevator, modern amenities, elegant full southern breakfasts served in the mansion or in the lovely courtyard garden, high tea with delectable homemade delights, exclusive hotel bar, private courtyard garden, helpful staff and unparalleled privacy.
- Mansion on Forsyth Park (Savannah) This boutique property is the Savannah's most recognized, iconic hotel. As you enter this grand 125-room Victorian Romanesque mansion you can get swept away by the elegance of onyx and Verona marble, Lalique chandelier and Versace furniture in the lobby. If that doesn’t take your breath away, the art collection of more than 400 original pieces throughout the mansion certainly will. It has a heated outdoor pool, and offers spacious rooms with marble bathrooms, and luxury bedding.
- Hamilton-Turner Inn (Savannah) Set amongst the beautiful magnolias and live oaks in Lafayette Square, this Savannah, Georgia, bed and breakfast will sweep you off your feet with luxurious accommodations, gourmet treats and attentive service that is meant to pamper and spoil during your visit.
- Brunswick Manor (Brunswick) Leave behind the hectic hustle of everyday life and enter the historic inn's grand front door which, opens to reveal masterful woodwork, priceless antiques, and stunning renovations.
- The Kehoe House (Savannah) The Kehoe House, an exquisitely-restored 1892 Renaissance Revival mansion, is a luxury bed and breakfast located in the vibrant historic district of Savannah. The adults-only inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and features 13 original guest rooms appointed with elegant furnishings and antiques. Their world-class service and amenities include a gourmet breakfast, a wine and hors d'oeuvres reception, and coffee service with homemade biscotti after dinner.
- Ocean Lodge Resort (St Simons Island) At Ocean Lodge Resort on St. Simons Island, you'll find 15 spacious and luxurious one-bedroom suites. All unites feature a fully-equipped kitchen, a breakfast bar, a living room area, and a private terrace. You'll also have access to the spectacular ocean view rooftop terrace and lounge.
- Olde Harbour Inn (Savannah) This boutique hotel on the Savannah River, located between Factors Walk and River Street, is uniquely situated in one of Savannah's most vibrant local areas. The Inn effortlessly combines its modern style with its historic roots, which date back to 1812.
BEST WEEKEND GETAWAYS IN GEORGIA (printable)
Downloadable Weekend Getaways in Georgia list to print at home or your local print shop. Perfect to keep in a binder, bring on your adventure or just put on the refrigerator!
Format: PDF, US Letter Size, Portrait (8.5”x11”)
You will receive one PDF file. File will be emailed and available for download up to three times upon payment. No physical item will be shipped.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR ROMANTIC GETAWAY IN GEORGIA
- YOUR GEORGIA VACATION
- GLAMPING: 18+ Most Unique Places To Escape In Georgia
- DATE NIGHT: 75+ Perfect Ideas That You'll Actually Enjoy In Atlanta
- PARENTS GETAWAY: How to Plan a Parents Getaway that Ups the Romance & Minimizes Stress
- ROMANTIC HOTELS: Most Romantic Hotels in North America
- ROMANTIC RESORTS: 19 Most Romantic Resorts in the USA for an Anniversary Trip
MAP YOUR ROMANTIC GETAWAY
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC