Last year I did a post on where to find Santa in Atlanta. A reader asked where to find an African American Santa in Atlanta. Since we didn’t know, we turned to our community on Facebook and they did not disappoint. The community suggested several places to visit with a black Santa Claus in Atlanta. Starting mid November, you can visit with the Jolly Man in Red at the following locations. If you know other places, please tell us. If you have some insight or tips for these locations, let us know.
South DeKalb Mall | 404-241-2431
According to reader Michael Wilcox, this is the real deal!
Greenbriar Mall has a brand new interactive Santa Set. Throughout the Holiday Season, families have the opportunity to have their children’s photos taken with Greenbriar Mall’s own naturally bearded African-American Santa.
Stonecrest Mall | 678-526-8955
Last year this mall had both a Caucasian and African American Santa. The Caucasian Santa arrived at 10 am and the Black Santa took over at 5 pm. At press time they could not confirm this was happening again this year, so make sure to call before you go.
West End Mall | 404-755-1001
Kente Santa arrived on Nov. 25.
Santa Dee, also known as the Real Black Santa, is one of the most well-known African American Santas in Atlanta. You can see him at a variety of private and public events throughout the holidays including:
- Lithonia Tree Lighting, December 3, 2017, 5pm
- Holidays at Hartsfield, December 6, 2017, 11am
- Pottery Painting Party with Santa Dee at Cre8tvtcafe Cafe, Dec. 10, 2017, 2pm
Visit therealblacksanta.com for more events throughout the holiday season.
Pin This Post:
Latest posts by Sue Rodman
- 25+ Reasons Why Lake Nottely is Blairsville’s Hidden Gem - 04/01/2019
- 10+ Sensational Special Events at Callaway Gardens, Ga. - 03/26/2019
- 25+ Awesome Drivable Weekend Getaways in Ga. - 03/19/2019