“You can do anything that you wanna do, but uh-uh, don’t step on my cowboy boots.” – Hank Williams, Jr
There was no way I was writing this piece without making some reference to the country music I grew up on. Living in the Midwest, a lot of folks listened to country music and I was raised on it. So while I wasn’t running around in cowboy boots, I was definitely singing about them.
To be honest, whenever I think of cowboy boots, I always think of my grandfather. I don’t know how many pairs of cowboy boots he owned (honestly, knowing him, it was probably one at a time), but my grandpa was always wearing a pair of boots. He soared above me with his staggering height well before donning his boots, though they added height to be sure. I never asked him why he was so keen on cowboy boots, though their visage always reminds me of him.
For anyone else whose grandfathers didn’t always sport boots and suspenders, maybe a more contemporary connection is necessary. Like the hit show “Yellowstone,” for example. It’s true that the more “Yellowstone” you watch, the more you want a pair of top notch cowboy boots.
Here are 9+ of the best cowboy boots out there for women that we know you’ll love!
Families Fly Free is a program that has introduced hundreds of families to the joys of flying free using travel rewards – including our family! Want to learn how to save thousands of dollars making your travel dreams come true? Click here to grab 7 Secret Hacks that the owner personally uses to fly her family for 4 for free all over the world!
WE LOVE THIS TRADITIONAL COWBOY BOOT: JUSTIN BOOTS WOMEN’S STAMPEDE WESTERN BOOT
- Snip-toe Western boot featuring deep-V entry and stitched scrollwork on shaft
- Overlay at ankle with brogue punches
If you are looking for a pair of traditional cowboy boots, the Stampede Western Justin Boot is for you. These high-quality, Western-inspired boots will have you looking like the rootinest, tootinest cowpoke around. (I promise the bad Bugs Bunny-esque vernacular ends here.) When it comes to cowboy boot brands, Justin Boots knocks the competition out of the water.
These are not your run-of-the-mill, mall-wear boots either. Buying a pair of Justin Boots is an investment in quality. You can adore these 100% leather boots for years to come.
IF YOU’RE NERVOUS ABOUT A COWBOY BOOT: ARIAT UNBRIDLED WESTERN BOOTS
- 10" Leather Shaft Features Eye-Catching Fancy Embroidery At Collar
- ATS (Advanced Torque Stability) offers three times the support of traditional cowboy boots
- ProCrepe Light sole provides lightweight flexibility
Known for their outdoor, equestrian and work boots, Ariat’s unbridled roper boots will have you looking like a proper cowpoke. These riding boots have the traditional leather uppers (the loops at the top of the boot) and the leather work, however, they don’t have all the traditional stitching you’ll see in other cowboy boots. These are a proper Western style for sure, but without the stitching, it makes it a bit easier to style these boots into a more modern fashion.
Ariat also uses light soles, so you don’t have to worry too much about your boots being too heavy. If you have ever worn proper cowboy boots before, you know that they can sometimes carry weight you have to get used to. That is less of a problem with these particular boots, which makes them great for newbie cowboy boot wearers.
IF YOU WANT A WESTERN CHELSEA BOOT: ARIAT DIXON WESTERN BOOT
- CUTE, CASUAL, COMFORTABLE: From the rodeo scene to mainstream, this gorgeously handcrafted heeled booties for women from Ariat fits right in; Rediscover casual fashion with these exquisitely designed slip on heeled ankle boots
- SLIP-ON PRACTICALITY; ALL DAY COMFORT: These casual booties for women have a cut out-side design detail that allows them to easily slip on your foot and the ATS Technology provides exceptional comfort, all day long
- EYE-CATCHING AND HAND-CRAFTED: With premium, full-grain leather, an all-over four-row stitch pattern and hand-nailed, color stained leather outsole, these ankle booties for women make a style statement with every step
- ALL SEASON FASHION: Spring, summer, winter or fall, the Dixon Western Boot for women is an essential piece to every wardrobed; The cowgirl inspired styling can be paired with jeans or dresses for a western flair to any outfit
- GREAT GIFTS: Shopping for your wife or girlfriend shouldn't be difficult, and with these chic, heeled booties for women from Ariat, it won't be; A classic design with a quality build, the Dixon Western Boot is a grea t gift for a birthday or Christmas
Still in the realm of cowboy boot brands, these Ariat Chelsea boots have the boot style without the old-school look. These gorgeous leather ankle boots have stitching that screams “cast me in a John Wayne flick” without the intimidating length of a traditional cowboy boot. Also, the slits along the sides of these booties make them so much easier to pull on than a traditional boot. So these are a great option for anyone who hates yanking boots on, or procrastinators who need something they can slip on really fast and zoom out the door.
Not to mention, these booties are much more versatile than other boots might be. Paired with long socks, these are great for the colder months, though they can just as easily be worn in the dead of summer too. Unlike other boots, these can be worn all year long!
AMERICA’S MOST RECOGNIZED BRAND: TONY LAMA EMILIA POINTED TOE
- Full-Grain Leather
- 13&Quot; Shaft
- Pointed Toe
- Leather Lining
- Leather Outsole
Tony Lama boots are well-known for being brightly colored, decorated to the nines, and being just as much a part of an ensemble as anything else. You could say they’re the Liberace of cowboy boots, and it would be one heck of a compliment. Their boots are drop-dead gorgeous.
All that said, some folks want the look of a Tony Lama without the razzle-dazzle of most of their boot styles. That’s where the Emilia Pointed Toe in black comes in. These subtly beautiful boots have a hint of color on the toe with some matching stitching along the calf of the boot, giving just a snippet of Tony Lama style.
Otherwise, you could opt for the Emilia Pointed Toe in blue, which is mostly bright blue with a hint of subtle black on the toe. Either way, you can’t lose.
WHEN COMFORT REALLY MATTERS: DAN POST HALLIE WESTERN BOOT SNIP TOE
- Leather upper
- Pull on entry
- Dual pull tabs for easy on/off
- Cushioned footbed
- Leather outsole
I’d be lying if I said cowboy boots are my favorite shoe. I’ll take comfort over style any day of the week, which is why we’re recommending Dan Post boots on this list. Their “soft strike” comfort system is synonymous with advanced comfort, even in the heartiest of boots. Not only are their boot orthotics removable, washable, and moisture-wicking, but they also make sure wearing your boots isn’t the most painful part of your day.
Cowboy boots are an iconic, sometimes lifelong staple of fashion. Part of the reason is because of how well they are built — but they sometimes weren’t built to be comfortable — until the Dan Post boot company came onto the scene. I recommend these kinds of boots for folks who have any kind of foot pain issues, especially if you plan on wearing your boots for long periods of time.
THE PERFECT SQUARE-TOE: ROPER WOMEN’S RILEY WESTERN BOOT
- Embroidered Design - Cowgirl Cute Boots With Classic Western Styling And Embroidery On Shaft And Foot
- Snip Toe Fashion Profile – Snip Toe Western Cowboy Boot With Traditional Western Heel And Long Wearing Rubber Sole
- Comfortable Cushion Insole - Women Love The Comfort And This Cushioned Insole Is Designed To Keep You Just That Way At All Times.
- Looks And Feels Like Real Leather – Classic Western Styled Fashion Boot Designed And Made With High Quality Synthetic Leathers To Combine Style, Fashion And Durability All At An Affordable Price.
- Excellent Workmanship - Crafted With Fashionable And Classic Western Styling For The Cowgirl In Every Woman!
If you want comfy, affordably-priced boots, then you need Roper’s Western inspired boots. At a fraction of the cost of other boots in this list, these gorgeous kicks will have you looking like a million bucks without spending a million bucks. Keep in mind, however, that these boots are a synthetic material and not real leather. Because of that, they will need different care than traditional cowboy boots.
All that said, they’re also super comfy. If you need a pair of boots for an event or you know you’ll be wearing them all day or for many hours at a time, Roper is your best bet. Not to mention, the lovely stitching you’ll see on these boots which make them the perfect companions for so many outfits. Western wedding themes are still pretty popular, so these are a great choice for those special occasions.
WE LOVE AN EMBROIDERED BOOT: SHYANNE WOMEN’S MAISIE FLORAL
- Genuine Leather
- 12&Quot; Shaft Height
- Snip Toe
- Pull Tabs
- Allover Brown With Multicolor Floral Embroidery
I can see it now, folks wondering how we can say we love an embroidered boot when so many of the boots on this list are embroidered. Here’s the thing — most of the boots here have gorgeous stitching for sure, but they don’t hold a candle to the Shyanne Maisie Florals.
Why? These boots are embellished by embroidered florals dainty enough for a cute summer dress, while simultaneously being proper, working boots. Despite the aesthetic of these boots, the Shyanne Maisie Florals are genuine leather, with hard soles that could easily accompany a Western style bride or horseback riding. Who could ask for anything more?
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A SLOUCH: DURANGO WOMEN’S SLOUCH WESTERN BOOT
- Full-grain leather
- Soft mesh lining
- Cushion Flex insole
- Tempered steel shank
- Single row sole stitch
As a short person, I feel like most boots end up looking like slouches on me because my calves are too short. But these Durango boots are proper slouch boots. With 100% leather boot shafts, hard soles and even a metal plate on the toe to make you more Wild, Wild West, these Durango boots are just as much about aesthetic as they are about being proper boots.
Don’t let the slouch style fool you, these still have the trappings of traditional boots–just with a little more flair. There is even stitching at the tops of the boots just to remind the nonbelievers that you’re a real cowpoke at heart. You’re just a cowpoke with more pizzazz.
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING PINK: LUCCHESE HYPNOTIC SWIRL BOOTS
- Leather upper
- Pull on entry
- Lightly cushioned footbed
- Leather sole
- 1.5 inch heel
Sometimes you’re just ready to be pretty in pink — and that’s where these fabulous Lucchese boots come in. The Lucchese Hypnotic Swirl Boots feature are as gorgeous as they are perfectly made.
Lucchese boots use 45 hand-hammered lemonwood pegs in each boot. According to their website, “Lemonwood is more malleable than metal, expanding and contracting at an almost identical rate as leather.” These are boots that are going to go the distance.
The Lucchese Hypnotic Swirl boots are square-toed, mid-calf in length, and feature a low heel — meaning, they’re pretty much great for anyone.
THE IDEAL BOOTIE: ROPER WOMEN’S SHAY BOOTIE SNIP TOE
- Faux Leather
- 7&Quot; Shaft With Zipper
- Snip Toe
- Fabric Lining
- Cushioned Footbed
Another boot that’s equal parts Western flick and style icon, the Roper Shay Bootie is a cute final addition to our cowboy boot list. In true Roper fashion, these are more affordable boots.
They’re also a bit of an outlier since they’re not quite long enough to be mid-calf boots and not short enough to be Chelsea style. So the term “bootie” really fits these cute shoes. They work with dresses, jeans, even capri denim or shorts!
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A COWBOY BOOT
Boots are a dime a dozen in affordable prices across chain stores nationwide. While you might be able to score a cute pair of booties for $40 at Kohl’s, I can guarantee you they won’t have the same lifespan as a pair of proper cowboy boots or a pair of boots made by a quality producer.
When it comes to buying genuine leather goods, the price often reflects the quality of the purchase. If you see a price that seems too good to be true, it probably is. Excellent boots are an investment, so don’t be afraid to take your time to find the pair that really speaks to you (and your feet). Some of the boots on this list could very well last forever if cared for properly, so don’t rush if you’re looking for lifetime quality.
(And no shade to those $40 Kohl’s booties, I love a good deal, but I also know if I wear them for a season or two of Chicago falls or winters…they’re done for.)
- The fit is crucial. They need to be snug but still easy to put on. Maybe get multiple sizes and return what you don’t want.
- Be careful with the socks you use…that will make a difference. Thinner is better — I wear ski socks in mine. Ankle or no-show socks work great for shorter boots like the Ariat Chelsea.
- Remember genuine leather stretches over time.
- Rubber soles don’t slide if you’re looking for dancing shoes, but they last longer because they are usually thicker. And thick rubber soles can be replaced or repaired if need be. Cowboy boots can be lifelong shoes if properly taken care of.
- If you plan to ride in these (and you can!) or wear them as a staple, then make sure you get a goodyear welt on those leather soles so you can get them resoled.
- Watch the heel size – they vary greatly. The same goes for the toe. There are pointed and square and round to be mindful of.
- Shaft height makes a difference in what you can wear them with, and how you wear them. (Chelsea-style, mid-calf, full-calf, etc.)
- If you have wide calves (like I do), keep that in mind when you’re boot shopping. Some boots have wide calf options but, again, remember that leather does stretch over time. Even so, if the boots are way too snug or you can barely pull them over your calves, they might never be comfortable enough even over time.
- Some people say you should steam them (hold over boiling water) before you put your foot in to get them shaped around your foot. You can also take them to places that sell ski boots. Those shops can heat up the boot before you slide into them for $10-$15.
- Is Amazon a good place to get them? Yes! Tony Lama, Juston, Ariat…are all brands well known to horse lovers. And now they’ve made it easier to buy by adding their stock to Amazon.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT PRODUCTS WE LOVE
- MORE PRODUCT REVIEWS
- LUGGAGE: 8 Best Luggage Sets According To A Family Of Fliers
- STROLLER: Best Stroller For Disney (From A Mom In The Know)
- WINTER BOOTS: Best Winter Boots For Kids: 6+ Of The Absolute Favorite Picks
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC
- 9+ ABSOLUTE BEST COWBOY BOOTS FOR WOMEN THAT YOU’LL LOVE - 09/06/2022
- 8 BEST LUGGAGE SETS ACCORDING TO A FAMILY OF FLIERS (2023) - 08/18/2022
- 14 AWESOME THINGS TO DO IN BENTONVILLE ARKANSAS - 07/01/2022
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API