A Disney vacation involves a lot of walking, and if you’re traveling with kids, you’ll have to determine whether you’ll need a stroller. On average, guests log about 7-10 miles a day walking in the parks, around their resort, and between locations at Florida’s Disney World. That can be a lot on little feet!
Should you bring your own stroller? Rent a stroller? And, what are the best strollers for tackling the parks? Here’s everything you need to know about how to choose the best stroller for Disney!
DISNEY STROLLER GUIDELINES
If you’re choosing to bring your own stroller to Disney, you’ll need to ensure that it matches Disney’s stroller guidelines. In 2019, new rules were established for which strollers are (and are not) allowed at the Disney Parks in an effort to reduce congestion and keep guests moving efficiently through the parks. Now, Disney requires that all strollers be a maximum of 31” (79cm) wide and 52” (132cm) long or smaller. They also prohibit all stroller wagons.
Most strollers meet these requirements (including several double jogging strollers), though it is best to measure your stroller before you pack up for your Disney vacation. To get the most accurate measurement, you’ll want to measure from the widest and longest points. If you arrive and your stroller exceeds the guidelines, there are stroller rentals available at each Disney World park.
It’s also important to note that Disney has several other rules surrounding stroller usage during your Disney vacation. For example, Disney requires that all guests fold up their strollers before boarding a Disney bus. This means that you’ll want to consider how easily you can fold your stroller up if you’re planning to bring your own.
Additionally, all guests entering the parks with strollers undergo extra security screening at the gate, and strollers are not allowed on any attractions in the parks.
Disney does have designated stroller parking areas near attractions so you can leave your stroller nearby, though you’ll want to keep in mind that Cast Members often shuffle the strollers around to make room for more. Adding a personalized detail, like a balloon or string of lights, can make it easier to find your stroller when you come back for it.
DISNEY STROLLER CONSIDERATIONS
- What kind of budget do you have?
- How many days will your kiddo be in the stroller?
- What’s the time of year/weather conditions?
- How many kids do you have, and what are their ages?
- Will you be driving to Orlando or flying?
- How will you be using the stroller after your trip?
OUR TOP 10 BEST STROLLER FOR DISNEY PICKS
BEST SINGLE STROLLER FOR DISNEY
- Converts from a single to a double stroller; most riding options of any single to double stroller; 25% more riding options than City Select, with the bench seat accessory
- Seats can be front facing, parent facing, or sibiling facing; folding stroller, including auto lock, folds 30% smaller than City Select; hand-operated decelerating & parking brake, all in one control
- All terrain stroller features all-wheel suspension and locking front swivel wheels for control; telescoping handlebar adjusts to users of different heights; extended UV50 plus canopy with peek-a-boo window keeps baby shaded
- Multi-position reclining seat and rotating calf support easily adjust for baby's comfort; large storage basket and two integrated seatback pockets provide space for baby's extras; seat holds child up to 45 lb and includes a 5-point stroller harness
- Convertible stroller allows you to customize your ride with accessories like car seat adapters, child's tray, parent console, or weather shield, sold separately
If you’ll be visiting the parks with just one kid in tow, then a single stroller is the best way to go. And, the Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller is your best bet for a smooth park day pushing a stroller – literally! This stroller features all-terrain wheels for a smooth ride.
Plus, it is good for up to 45 lbs per kid and has 20 different configurations for kids of all ages. This means that you’ll be able to use the stroller far beyond your Disney World vacation. So, it’s really an investment rather than just a stroller that you’re getting for your 5-day trip.
As far as your park days go, this stroller is a must-have for avoiding an afternoon meltdown. It has an extendable UV large canopy, which will make an afternoon nap in the stroller doable, while keeping the Florida sun off your kid’s skin. There’s also a hand break on the bar that will make the stop-and-go foot traffic in the parks easier to navigate.
You won’t have to worry about carrying around your heavy diaper bags either! The Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller features a large storage basket underneath to hold your bags, souvenirs, and anything else you need to take along with you for a full day in the parks. Just remember not to leave any valuables in the stroller when you park it to hop on a ride or grab lunch!
BEST DOUBLE STROLLER FOR DISNEY
- Converts your City Select 2 stroller into a double stroller with a full-sized second seat; seat holds child up to 45 lb and includes a 5-point stroller seat harness
- Extended UV 50+ canopy with peekaboo window keeps baby shaded; multi-position reclining seat and rotating calf support easily adjust
- Integrated seatback pockets to hold baby's extras
- Includes a second seat and mounting brackets
- Maximum weight capacity for second seat is 45 lb
Doing Disney with two kids? Well, the best double stroller for your trip is going to be the one above, converted! To do this, you need the Second Seat kit.
The Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller with second seat kit makes it so that you don’t have to go around the park with a bulky double stroller. All you do is add the seat to the frame of the stroller following the simple instructions! Plus, you’ll have the option of attaching two full-sized seats or a bassinet and a full-sized seat making it ideal for those with an infant.
The Second Seat kit holds up to 45 lbs and features an extended UV canopy. So, you’ll have all the same features as the original City Select stroller, just x2!
BEST SIT AND STAND
- Easily connects directly to rear axle of stroller
- Non-slip surface so your child can ride safely
- Glider board folds up while not in use
- Holds child up to 45 lb
- Compatible with City Mini 2, City Mini 2 Double, City Mini GT2, City Mini GT2 Double, City Select, City Select 2 and City Select LUX strollers
If you have three kids or older kids that you’re not sure will stay seated the whole time, a sit-and-stand stroller can be really helpful. These strollers still feature a seat for riding, but they also come with a skateboard-like attachment that your kid can ride on. And, again, all you’ll need is the one above, converted!
The Baby Jogger Glider Board is designed to attach directly to the back of the Baby Jogger City Select LUX Stroller. It features non-slip material so that your child will be able to ride safely, even if an afternoon rain shower hits while the stroller is parked outside.
Speaking of parking your stroller, the glider board is designed to flip up and out of the way when it’s not being used. So, you won’t have to worry about taking up more space in the parking area or tripping on it as you make your way through the park. It holds a child up to 45 lbs.
BEST JOGGING STROLLER FOR DISNEY WORLD
- With a sleek, nimble, and lightweight design, this is the perfect everyday stroller for running errands or wandering downtown with your child
- Customize your ride for 4 different modes of use as a single or double with an infant car seat, pram, or glider board (sold separately
- Included infant car seat adapters are compatible with all Baby Jogger infant car seats
- Create a travel system with most Britax, Chicco, Clek, Cybex, Graco, Maxi Cosi, Peg Perego, and UPPAbaby infant car seats (adapters for other brands' infant car seats sold separately)
- Baby Jogger's signature one-hand fold with auto-lock ensures easy transportation and storage
For those who don’t need a stroller with long-term customization capabilities, a jogging stroller is a great option for your Disney vacation. And, the Baby Jogger City Mini 2 Stroller is one that many park goers highly recommend!
The stroller itself is on the heavier end at 17.6 lbs, but that doesn’t make it any less nimble and easy to steer through park crowds. The near-flat seat recline makes it ideal for afternoon naps and car seat adapters make it work for an infant too. It’s also easy to fold with one hand, making Disney transportation worry-free. The stroller is only designed to hold a child up to 20 lbs, but the optional-to-purchase glider board allows it to also work with an older child.
Due to its weight limitations, it isn’t ideal for all families. However, the next best thing is the Baby Jogger Summit X3 Jogging Stroller. If you need a jogger for an older kiddo, this one is great. It’s more pricey, but holds up to 75 lbs.
BEST COMPACT UMBRELLA STROLLER
- EVERYDAY STROLLER – Use the Summer 3Dlite+ Convenience stroller as a lightweight stroller for everyday or as a travel stroller. It’s durable, with premium fabrics and stitching, and has parent-friendly features like an extra-large storage basket and more.
- LIGHTWEIGHT – The lightweight baby stroller has an aluminum frame and weighs only 14 pounds. It has a one-hand, multi-position adjustable recline seat with a 5-point safety harness.
- COMPACT FOLD – This stroller has a compact fold and a padded carry strap, making it an ideal option for running errands all day or on your next big family trip.
- COMFORTABLE – Baby strollers aren’t always comfortable, but the 3Dlite+ lightweight umbrella stroller keeps baby happy and cozy, thanks to the recline seat, oversized canopy with flip-out sun visor and peek-a-boo window.
- ADDITIONAL FEATURES – This compact stroller also includes: A parent cup holder, cell phone holder, zip-close storage pocket, child sippy cup holder, compact fold with auto-lock and carry strap, anti-shock front wheels and lockable rear wheels.
If you don’t need all the bells and whistles of a jogging stroller, many experienced guests highly recommend using a compact umbrella stroller. The Summer 3DLite+ Convenience Stroller is one of the most compact strollers on the market. It weighs in at 14 lbs, making it easy for travel, bus transportation, and storing in your hotel room overnight.
The extra-large storage basket on the bottom makes it easy to carry around your diaper bags and the multiple-position recline enables you to adjust the seat to be most comfortable for your child. Just note that the stroller has no cup holders. So, you may want to purchase an attachment to store your water bottles or other drinks to keep you hydrated in the heat.
The thing you’ll love most about this stroller, though? It features a compact fold and a carrying strap! So, you won’t have to worry about struggling to hold onto the stroller on the Disney bus or anywhere else.
BEST BUDGET STROLLER
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Travel friendly lightweight stroller, perfect for traveling and day trips. Disney Size Approved! The assembled dimensions are 17.6 x 29.9 x 41.7 inches
- EXTENDED CANOPY AND SUN PROTECTION: Three-tier, extended canopy for maximum sun coverage. A peek-a-boo window so you can easily check on your baby while traveling
- EASY ONE-HAND FOLD: Convenient one-hand, self-standing fold, perfect for car travel and vacations. Folded Dimensions: 18" W x 12" d x 34" h. All-terrain wheels and front suspension for a smooth ride
- RECLINING SEAT: Reclining seat offers 5-point safety restraint system and accommodates child up to 50 pounds. (Stroller seat does not recline completely flat). Floor to Seat Distance: 14.5"
- ROOMY STORAGE: Large, easy-access storage basket holds all baby's gear. Removable child tray with drink holder. Parent tray holds two water bottles and extra storage area makes it easy to travel
A Disney vacation can be costly, and choosing to bring your own stroller can be an added cost if you’re buying something new. Luckily, you can still find a stroller that checks all the boxes for a low cost. For example, the Kolcraft – Cloud Plus Lightweight Easy Fold Compact Travel Baby Stroller is one of the best budget options!
It has all of the big features you’ll need to have a hassle-free vacation at half the price. You’ll find that the stroller includes a large storage basket, an extended canopy for great sun protection, a reclining seat, and more. Plus it only weighs 11.8 lbs, making it another stroller that’s easy to carry around wherever you’re going.
The Kolocraft stroller is also known for its easy fold and the ability to fit even your older kids with a weight limit of up to 50 lbs. Plus, it comes fit with plenty of cup holders for both your kid and you, making it easy to snack on the go.
BEST TRAVEL SYSTEM STROLLER
- Doona Car Seat - From car seat to stroller in seconds! One simple motion operation. Features a 5-point harness, adjustable handlebar (also acts as an anti-rebound bar inside the car) and 3 Layer Side Impact Protection.
- Washable Car Seat - The Doona car seat fabric is removable and washable. Features baby safe materials and breathable textiles, including bamboo and memory foam.
- Travel Safe Baby Essentials - This car seat and Latch base is FAA Aircraft Approved for travel. Combine with the Doona Travel Bag (sold separately) for a seamless travel experience.
- Included in the Box - Doona Infant Car Seat, Doona Bamboo Infant Insert, Doona Bamboo Head Support, Doona Vehicle Seat Protector, Doona Car Seat Base. 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
- Rear Facing Car Seat and Base - Suitable from 4 lbs. to 35 lbs., Max. 32in height, this is a rear facing car seat only. Car seat weighs 16.5 lbs., base weighs 10.3 lbs. Product Dimensions: Folded: 23.6x17.3x26 inches; Unfolded: 39x17.3x32.2 inches; Weight: 16.5 lbs.
A trip to Disney World involves a lot more than just getting around the parks – you also have to get there! If a flight and rental car are in your plans for getting to Disney, then the Doona Stroller is your best option. The Doona is unlike any other stroller in that it is both a car seat and stroller in one. You don’t have to worry about un-attaching and reattaching the car seat to the stroller because it’s all in one!
The wheels and handle easily collapse down into the seat, turning it from a stroller into a car seat in seconds. Because of this, the Doona is great for those who are staying at an off-site hotel or Airbnb and plan to drive a rental car to the parks. The stroller is also FAA aircraft approved, so you can even use it to easily get around the airport and on the airplane if you’ve purchased a seat for your child.
Though this stroller is the most convenient travel system of all, it is important to note that it does have a lower weight limit than most. The Doona is made for babies 4 lbs to 35 lbs with a height limit of 32 inches. But, if you have a kid that fits the requirements, this is a stroller that will be well worth the investment both at Disney and even at home.
BEST CANOPY FOR SHADE
- PROVIDE QUIET MOMENTS FOR BABY: A unique, built-in mesh privacy shade adapts to all modes – on the infant car seat or stroller, in both toddler or carriage mode. The only travel system of its kind that can do all that!
- EASY PEASY ZIP & GO: The top part of the mesh privacy shade unzips and easily attaches to the toddler seat, while the bottom portion attaches to either the toddler seat or the infant car seat – no tools necessary! Stores in a convenient bumper bar pouch
- MAKE CHANGES ON THE FLY: 6 modes offer the ultimate in versatility, including toddler seat mode that easily transitions to carriage mode
- SWITCH IT UP: Reversible, modular frame allows you to face your child in or let your child look out in carriage mode, car seat mode or toddler mode
- BRING A PLUS ONE: Accepts the Evenflo Rider Board (sold separately), making it easy for an extra passenger to step on board for the ride
Planning a Disney vacation during the summer? You’re going to need a stroller that is well shaded to avoid overheating. And, the Evenflo Pivot Vizor Travel System is the perfect stroller to do just that!
The Evenflo Pivot Vizor is one of the only strollers that has a built-in mesh shade that zips up to keep the sun off your kiddo. Plus, it’s built into both the infant car seat attachment and the full-sized seat, so it doesn’t matter if you’re traveling with a 5-month-old or a 5-year-old, they’ll be protected from the sun.
The Evenflo Pivot Vizor stroller is also lightweight and features large wheels that maximize maneuverability. So, you’ll be able to make your way around the park with ease knowing that you won’t have to stress about your kids getting sunburnt in the blazing hot Florida summer. You just might want to purchase a rechargeable fan attachment to ensure that your little one stays cool under the shade.
BEST FOR DISNEY TRANSPORTATION
- Suitable for children 3 months up to 50lbs
- One-hand action fold with shoulder carry strap, Stands when folded.Do not use abrasives
- Hand-sewn, leather handlebars with perforated pattern for extra grip
- Multi-position reclining seat with 5-point harness
- Easy access, large basket & Storage pocket to keep essentials (e.g. keys, phone) within reach
If you’re staying at a Disney World Resort hotel, you’ll likely be taking Disney transportation to get to and from the parks, so a stroller that is easy to fold up quickly is important. Things move fast when you’re getting on and off the Disney bus, so being able to break down your stroller with ease can really come in handy. And, the best stroller for that is the UPPAbaby Minu Stroller!
The Minu stroller can be folded with just one hand and features a padded carrying strap. This is great for Disney because you’ll probably be holding your kiddo in one arm trying to fold down the stroller with the other. You’ll also appreciate the carrying strap if you end up having to stand on the bus because it’s too full.
This stroller is suited for kids 3 months to 50 lbs, making it a long-lasting stroller. Plus, it has a multi-position reclining seat, extendable UPF shade, and a peekaboo window on the canopy, so you can see your little one’s reaction to everything you pass in the parks. It is a higher-end stroller, though, so expect to pay a bit more compared to other strollers on the list.
BEST RECLINING SEAT STROLLER
- REAR BENCH AND STANDING PLATFORM so the tandem stroller gives your big kid the freedom they deserve; Kids can sit, stand, or stroll whenever the mood takes them
- UNIVERSAL CAR SEAT ADAPTER for when a new kid comes along, you don’t need to upgrade your stroller
- 3-WAY RECLINING SEATS for naps and babies; Your little ones can lay back in this infant and toddler stroller and enjoy naptime thanks to the Caboose’s three reclining positions
- 90LB WEIGHT CAPACITY but weighs 4lbs less than the standard Caboose, giving you the flexibility to carry two big kids without strain; Incredibly, this sit and stand stroller is still small enough to fit in the trunk
- UNDER-SEAT STORAGE ensures you can bring all the essentials! Stash toys, shopping, and all your kid’s diapers in the spacious mesh under the basket
Many families vacationing at Disney will choose to head back to their hotel for an afternoon nap. But, if you’re hoping to maximize your park time, you’ll need a stroller that your kid will actually nap in. That’s where recline becomes important and the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight Double Stroller is highly recommended for this – even for those with only one kiddo!
The stroller features two seats that can be fully reclined, but you don’t have to sacrifice maneuverability for the function. The double stroller is lightweight (weighing 23.5 lbs) and can hold kids from 6 months up to 45 lbs. Plus, the rear seat can be removed and transformed into a bench seat and standing platform for kids up to 2.5 years.
Ultimately, the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight Double Stroller gives you options and provides a large amount of space for one or two kids. So, you won’t have to miss the 3PM parade because your kids are napping! You can find a great viewing spot on Main Street, U.S.A. while your little one(s) nap and then wake them up right in time to wave to Mickey!
STROLLER ACCESSORIES TO MAKE YOUR TRIP EASIER
Choosing the right stroller for your Disney vacation is important, but there are a few accessories that the pros add to their stroller to make their experience even better! For example, seasoned Disney-goers know that there’s nothing worse than a screaming kiddo in 100+ degree weather. That’s why a stroller fan is so important to have!
Stroller fans like this one are rechargeable and easily attach to any stroller thanks to the flexible tripod. You’ll want to be sure that you get one that rotates up and down so that you don’t have to worry about getting the angle perfect. And, a long battery life is important since you’ll likely be away from your hotel for up to 12 hours or more a day.
Other useful stroller accessories to have include clips like these to hold your diaper bags and souvenirs, and a stroller organizer like this one that attaches to the handlebars. You’ll be surprised by how many things you end up collecting during your trip, so you’ll be thankful that you have the extra storage space and compartments. Just keep in mind that you won’t want to leave any personal items on the stroller when it’s unattended.
Lastly (and perhaps most importantly), rain covers for your stroller are important to have with you! Some of the recommended strollers come with their own custom rain cover that can be purchased separately, but you can also find covers that fit most strollers like this one online. It can rain a lot at Disney, and if you’re riding an attraction when a storm hits, your stroller can end up wet for days. Avoid the soggy stroller and purchase a rain cover in advance!
RENT A STROLLER FROM DISNEY
Prefer not to bring your own stroller? Disney World also offers stroller rentals at every park, including Disney Springs! Single strollers are recommended for kids 50 lbs or less and can be rented for $15 per day or $13 per day if purchased for the length of your stay. Double strollers are also available and are recommended for kids 100 lbs or less and cost $31 per day or $27 per day if rented for the length of your stay.
Note that if you are choosing to rent for the length of your stay, you will pre-pay the total cost of the rental. Keep your receipt though, because you’ll need to present it to Cast Members each day to pick up your stroller rental. Disney strollers must be picked up when you enter the park and dropped off when you exit, and cannot be taken outside of the park, so holding onto your receipt is very important.
Disney’s rental strollers are made of hard plastic and are not designed for infants. However, if you’d prefer a stroller that is more similar to one that you might find at a store, third-party rentals are also available. Disney partners directly with ScooterBug, though there are many other rental companies in the Central Florida area that will deliver to Disney World. Just keep in mind that these can be more expensive than the stroller rentals available in the Disney Parks.
Not sure whether stroller rentals are right for you? Here are some of the pros:
- You don’t have to worry about transporting your stroller on a plane or in your car when you travel.
- Strollers cannot be taken outside of the park, so Disney transportation is hassle-free.
- No stressing about your personal stroller getting damaged or lost.
- If the stroller is damaged or lost at any point during your day, Disney makes it easy to swap out at several locations around the parks.
Here are some of the cons:
- Not designed for infants
- The hard plastic may not be comfortable for your child and prevent them from napping on the go.
- Stroller rental availability is first-come, first-served, so they can sell out.
BEST STROLLER FOR DISNEY FAQ
Does my 7-year-old need a stroller at Disney?
Even if your child is too old for a stroller normally, a Disney day can be unlike any other. The answer to this question is basically: it depends. It depends on a lot of different factors, and only you know if your child is up to walking the miles each day, every day.
What strollers are not allowed in Disney parks?
Disney requires that all strollers be a maximum of 31” (79cm) wide and 52” (132cm) long or smaller. They also prohibit all stroller wagons and regular wagons.
Does Disney ever run out of strollers?
Although rare, Disney does sometimes run out of strollers on exceptionally busy days. In order to avoid this happening to you, it’s best to rent from a third party vendor in advance or bring your own.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO DISNEY
- YOUR THEME PARK VACATION
- ROLLER COASTERS: 9 Thrilling & Fun Disney World Roller Coasters
- DINING WITH CHARACTERS: Dining With Disney Characters: 14 Spots You’ll Love
- DISNEY WORLD TIPS: 80 Best Disney World Tips For A Magical Vacation
- DISNEY FOR ADULTS: 17+ Fun Things Adults Will Love At Disney World
WHERE TO STAY IN DISNEY WORLD
Follow us here: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube | MSN | TripAdvisor | Flipboard
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC
- Best Stroller for Disney: 2023’s Top Picks (From a Mom in the Know) - 03/08/2023
- Your Complete Guide to Disney Fireworks at Wdw - 03/06/2023
- Disney Mini Golf: 9+ Things To Know for Family Fun - 03/05/2023
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API