If you want to know where to go rock climbing, Atlanta has several indoor gyms, as well as a few outdoor bouldering locations. Not only is it a fun sport, but rock wall climbing is great exercise for kids and adults. In addition, indoor rock climbing is one of the few sports the entire family, from young children through teens and adults, can do together.
Ready for your next world class rock climbing adventure? Here’s some of the best rock climbing Atlanta has to offer!
ROCK CLIMBING ATLANTA: INDOOR SPOTS
STONE SUMMIT ATLANTA
When Atlanta Rocks! closed in 2018, Stone Summit became the go-to rock climbing gym for the Atlanta climbing community. Metro Atlanta is home to three Stone Summit locations — in Midtown, Kennesaw, and on Presidential Parkway. This amazing indoor climbing gym’s Presidential Parkway location is one of the largest in the United States. Here, you’ll find 60-foot walls. That’s nearly as tall as a 4-story building! You’ll find top-rope, bouldering, and auto belays here.
If you’re a beginner though, don’t worry. Stone Summit offers many different rock climbing classes — from belay lessons to bouldering basics. You’ll also find other fitness classes — like yoga and pilates. You’ll also find it a great place to host birthday parties.
Stone Summit offers day passes and memberships — including family memberships so your whole crew can join in on the fun.
WALL CRAWLER ROCK CLUB
Wall Crawler Rock Club on DeKalb Avenue in Atlanta is a popular indoor climbing spot in Atlanta. The climbing community loves this place, in part because they offer 8,000 square feet of rock climbing surface.
This is a great family-friendly place too, and it offers popular kids camps in the summertime. Wall Crawler Rock Club is great for beginners — the climbing team here is happy to help — and they offer climbing classes as well.
Day passes and gear rentals are available.
ADRENALINE CLIMBING GYM
Adrenaline Climbing Gym in Suwanee is a family-friendly indoor climbing gym that serves everyone from beginners to experienced climbers.
This fitness center does a great job of combining the challenges of outdoor bouldering with its indoor offerings. They feature free-standing boulders that mimic problems you may find when bouldering outdoors.
This is a great gym for beginners and kids as well. They don’t offer rock climbing classes, but you’ll learn a lot during their orientation, and they’ll be on hand to help. People of all ages, all levels of experience, and all levels of fitness and ability can climb at Adrenaline Climbing Gym.
ESCALADE ROCK CLIMBING GYM
With locations in both Kennesaw and Peachtree City, Escalade Rock Climbing Gym is a popular spot for rock climbers.
The Kennesaw location offers the only 2-story bouldering wall in Atlanta. Climbers of all levels will find rock climbs that will challenge their skills.
Escalade is a family-friendly spot, offering many climbs and hosting birthday parties, lock-ins, camps, classes, and more.
INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING GYMS IN GEORGIA
Looking for rock climbing outside of Atlanta? These rock climbing gyms across the state of Georgia are worth a visit.
- Active Climbing (Athens): They welcome first-timers and kids, offer passes, memberships, and camps, and have competitive and recreational teams.
- Treadstone Climbing Gym (Columbus): They welcome climbers of all ages and experience levels, and they host fun events like Ladies Night and Homeschool Fridays. Classes, programs, and aerial silks are offered here as well.
- Historic Banning Mills (Whitesburg): This isn’t an indoor climbing gym, in fact, Historic Banning Mills is mostly known for its ziplining adventures, but it also happens to be home to the Guinness World Record holding climbing wall. Their climbing wall is 140 feet tall and is part of their Adventure Tower. At 14 stories high, their wall includes nine climbing lanes, two rappel walls (up to 95 ft. high), and four overhangs (including a traversing overhang and chimney).
ROCK CLIMBING ATLANTA: OUTDOOR CLIMBING AREAS
In addition to indoor rock climbing, Atlanta also has a few places to go outdoor rock climbing.
For rock climbing Atlanta locations, we looked to the Southeastern Climbers Coalition. Check their website for additional information on each climb. Some are good if you are near there already, some are destination climbs. All are for those who have some knowledge of rock climbing.
- Panola Mountain (Panola Mountain State Park)
- Oconee Boulders (Oconee County, GA)
- Mount Yonah (near Helen)
- Zahnd (NW Georgia)
- Boat Rock (SW Atlanta)
- Currahee Mountain (NE Georgia)
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO ATLANTA
- YOUR ATLANTA VACATION
- ROLLER SKATING: Roller Skating: Atlanta Rinks Families Love
- RAINY DAY ACTIVITIES: 52+ Amazing Rainy Day Indoor Kids Activities Near Me In Atlanta
- BIKE TRAILS: Atlanta Bike Trails: 16 Places To Explore On Wheels
- TRAMPOLINE PARKS: 12 Terrific Trampoline Parks That Will Have You Jumping For Joy
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC