One of the best Halloween events in Atlanta is the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade, which takes place in the Little Five Points neighborhood of Atlanta during the Little Five Points Halloween Festival.
Little 5 Points is such an eclectic neighborhood in Atlanta, Georgia, and the Halloween parade is just as much fun.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Little 5 Points Halloween Festival and Parade in 2023.
L5P HALLOWEEN PARADE
The Little 5 Points Halloween Parade is back for 2023!
In the past, the parade started at Austin Avenue and Euclid Avenue, before moving up Euclid to Moreland Avenue. In 2022, the route was on Moreland Avenue only — from Dekalb to Freedom Parkway. Check for 2023 route updates on their Facebook page.
This year, the parade will take place on Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 2pm.
BIZARRE BAZAAR HAUNTED MARKET
On both days of the festival, October 21-22, 2023, from Noon to 6 p.m., you’ll find the BIZarre Bazaar Haunted Market on Euclid Avenue. Explore the artist market and see all the amazing handmade goods and art.
Note: No word yet on if this is happening in 2023.
Are you ready to hunt some monsters?!
Local artists will reveal their monstrous creations throughout Little 5 Points on Saturday, October 21. Each artist will create a monster for you to find, and it’s up to you to find them all! Monster maps will be available at L5P Community Center and Findley Plaza for a donation.
The first 300 to complete the hunt will get a limited edition L5P Monster Magazine.
MORE L5P FESTIVAL OFFERINGS
The Little Five Points Halloween Festival is a two-day event featuring the world famous Little 5 Points Halloween Parade, live music from Atlanta’s best underground rock and hip-hop acts, their first ever haunted house, an artist market, neighborhood ghost tours, a skate park, drag karaoke, food and alcohol vendors, food trucks, a costume show, and so much more!
LITTLE 5 POINTS: ATLANTA’S ALTERNATIVE SHOPPING DISTRICT
Little Five Points was the first commercial district outside of downtown Atlanta. The Little Five Points section forms the northeast boundary of the Inman Park neighborhood. From the beginning, L5P was an offbeat arts and shopping district. Locals refer to it as the “Southern version of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.” The local counter-culture makes for some great people-watching, as well an unique shopping and entertainment — and that’s on a normal day.
That same vibe comes through (and is even magnified) during the annual Little Five Points Halloween Parade.
Arrive early and stay late — it’s one of the best Halloween events in the country. In addition to the parade, shopping and food vendors, the Little Five Points Halloween Festival includes live music on three stages – the Star Bar Stage, Wrecking Bar Brewpub/Findley Plaza Stage and the Star Bar Venue Stage.
TIPS FOR A GREAT EXPERIENCE AT THE L5P HALLOWEEN PARADE
- Parking can be really tight in L5P, so it’s best not to drive there during the festival weekend. Walk, bike, scooter, Lyft, Uber or take MARTA, if possible. The Inman Park MARTA Station is a short walk away from the festival. If you decide to Uber or use Lyft, get dropped off on Dekalb Ave. Here is a map of L5P.
- The Little 5 Points Halloween Parade is part of the L5P Halloween Festival, which will be held on October 21-22, 2023. There is the artists market, food vendors, and live entertainment on multiple stages.
- Some of the costumes you’ll see can be quite intense and can be a bit much for young children, although we always see kids who don’t seem to be scared at all. You may want to warn kids beforehand that it’s all make believe.
- For the most part, the floats and marchers in the parade are family-friendly, and there are lots of familiar characters for the kids too.
- If you’re looking for more spookiness, consider take a Ghost Tour through Little 5 Points, and learn all about the neighborhood’s most eerie and historic landmarks. Runs on select dates in October and early November.
Little 5 Points Halloween Parade & Festival FAQ
What time is the Halloween Parade in Little 5 Points?
Like last year, the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade will be held on a Sunday. This year, the parade will be held on Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 2pm.
Can you bring lawn chairs to the parade for seating?
Yes, you can bring chairs to the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade. You’ll want to make sure you arrive early to secure a spot, though!
Is the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade free?
Yes, admission to the Little 5 Points Halloween Parade is free!
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR FALL TRIP TO ATLANTA
- YOUR GEORGIA VACATION
- HAUNTED HOUSES: 19 Horrific Haunted Houses In Atlanta You Need To Visit
- HAUNTED CORN MAZES: 5 Best Haunted Corn Mazes In Atlanta
- FALL FESTIVALS: 50+ Best Fall Festivals In Georgia You’ll Love
- HALLOWEEN EVENTS: 35+ Awesome Halloween Events In Atlanta For Kids AND Adults
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC