Colorado is well known for its abundance of outdoor adventures, and a great way to maximize your time in nature and add to the fun is by enjoying a luxurious glamping experience.
These types of stays are perfect for those looking to be able to find a hiking trail right outside their backyard, or for those looking to play in the mountains during the day, and retreat back to a soft mattress and maybe a hot spring pool in the evening.
Here is some of the best glamping Colorado has to offer!
VAIL COLLECTIVE RETREATS
For a luxurious camping experience just outside the town of Vail, visit Vail Collective Retreats. Explore one thousand acres of untouched land without sacrificing any modern day comforts.
Spend your days out in nature going horseback riding, mountain biking, or fly fishing, and then head back to the ranch for social hour or a dining experience like no other.
- Accommodation Type: Glamping Tent
- Amenities: Wi Fi, queen beds, exceptional dining
Read More: 33 Sensational Things To Do in Vail
ARAPAHO VALLEY RANCH
Arapaho Valley Ranch is a long time favorite in Colorado with a rich history. You’ll find this family-oriented guest ranch just two hours from Denver at the base of the Indian Peaks Wilderness.
You’ll find camping and glamping here, as well as fun events and great hiking trails nearby. Be sure to hike the namesake Indian Peak during your stay.
- Accommodation Type: Tipis, Glamping Tents, Tent Camping, Cabins, Lodge Rooms
- Amenities: Fire pits, bar, grill, pond, river, games, pavilions, dance hall
ROYAL GORGE CABINS
If you love whitewater rafting, be sure to book a stay at Royal Gorge Cabins! This luxurious glamping destination is located in Echo Canyon in the beautiful Cañon City, Colorado.
Royal Gorge Cabins is known for its whitewater rafting adventures and luxurious amenities. They’re located just an hour outside Colorado Springs, which features popular destinations such as Garden of the Gods Park, Pike’s Peak, and the Manitou Springs Incline.
- Accommodation Types: Luxury glamping tents, luxury vacation cabins
- Amenities: On-site restaurant, whitewater rafting tours, hiking trails and other outdoor activities nearby
ROYAL GORGE YURTS
Royal Gorge Yurts is located along the river and offers unique accommodation rentals, such as yurts and Airstreams. There are also so many activities to enjoy on the property, such as fly fishing, ziplining, stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and more.
- Accommodation Types: Luxury yurts, Airstreams, and cabins
- Amenities: Whitewater rafting tours, zipline tours, kayak and paddleboard instruction and rentals
TENTS NEAR GRAND MESA NATIONAL PARK
Immerse yourself in nature and go glamping near the McPhee Reservoir in the Grand Mesa National Forest in Southwest Colorado. Each glamping tent features a queen size bed, table, desk, and armchairs for relaxation. Some even have a rooftop deck where you can sip your coffee while enjoying stunning views of the sunrise over the mountains.
- Accommodation Types: Glamping tents
- Amenities: WiFi, laundry, showers, picnic area, shared barbeque, paddleboard rentals
DUNTON RIVER CAMP
If you’re looking for a unique stay deep in the mountains with endless opportunities for exploring and adventure, book a stay at Dunton River Camp! This camp is located on a former cattle ranch in a clearing in the majestic San Juan Mountains on the west side of the Dolores River.
The river camp features over 500 acres of wide open fields, meadows, and forests to explore. Hiking and biking is popular here, and they even provide each tent with two mountain bikes for easy access to the trails.
- Accommodation Types: Luxurious canvas tents
- Amenities: WiFi, tubs, sauna, meals included, bar, fire pit, and more
JOYFUL JOURNEY HOT SPRINGS
The Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa is a luxury spa that utilizes natural hot mineral water in their pools, which has no sulfur odor and will leave your skin feeling soft, healed, and rejuvenated. This spa is located near Great Sand Dunes National Park, so it’s the perfect place to relax after playing in the mountains all day!
- Accommodation Types: Tipis, yurts, hotel rooms
- Amenities: WiFi, spa, yoga, hot springs pools, health and wellness classes
WeeCasa is an adorable tiny home community located in Lyons, Colorado, just about 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. We love the different looks of each tiny home…The Gnome Home is especially cool. You’ll find lawn games, communal fire pits, and private river access here.
- Accommodation Types: Tiny homes
- Amenities: WiFi, kitchenette, fire pits, grills, games, private river access, mountain views
PINEY RIVER RANCH
Thanks to its breathtaking views of Piney Lake and the majestic Gore Range, Piney River Ranch is Vail’s most popular destination for weddings, day trips, and weekend retreats. You’ll find large and small cabins, along with glamping tents here. Activities include horseback riding, fishing, hiking, canoeing and SUP rentals.
- Accommodation Types: Glamping tents, cabins
- Amenities: Queen beds, outdoor BBQ with propane provided, private deck, mountain views
For an alternative camping experience at the base of the San Juan Mountains, stay and play at Basecamp 550! This laid back lodge camp features a creative mix of accommodations, while offering the perfect base to explore all the hiking trails and outdoor adventures to be had nearby.
- Accommodation Types: Tent/RV camping, glamping tents, tiny home rentals
- Amenities: Queen beds, outdoor kitchen, mountain views
GLAMPING COLORADO TENT WITH PARTY BARN
For a fun glamping experience, book a stay at Sobrillo Springs near Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Here you’ll find six fully furnished, walk-in safari tents in an Aspen grove set around a giant fire pit. Each tent also features its own deck and firepit.
Just yards away from the tent yard, guests have an inviting shared space — a stunningly restored 1930s barn with lounge areas, wifi, flatscreen tv, movie screen and projector, billiards, shuffleboard, giant Jenga, a kitchen, and more.
- Accommodation Types: Luxury glamping tents
- Amenities: Internet, deck, fireplace
TINY HOUSE AND HOT TUB
This tiny house retreat in Woodland Park, Colorado, near Colorado Springs, features quite a few sleeping areas for glampers. You can sit back and relax in the hot tub with all of your friends, while catching up over a glass a wine and admiring the views of Pike’s Peak.
- Accommodation Types: Tiny house
- Amenities: WiFi, private jacuzzi/hot tub, television, 3 queen sized beds, two loft beds
Experience true off-grid camping in these sleep yurts off Tennessee Pass. Experience true comfort in the backcountry after skiing in the winter, or sip your coffee while admiring sunrise views over the mountains in the summer.
- Accommodation Types: Yurts
- Amenities: Room service, cook house, wood burning stoves, WiFi, cross-country skiing
For the ultimate mountain lodging experience in Colorado, head to Puma Hills in Lake George, CO. You’ll find all types of accommodation types here, including campsites, dome tents, bubble tents, tree tents, tipis, and more.
- Accommodation Types: Camp sites, domes, bubble tents, tree tents, tipis, cabins, converted wagon cabins, mountain lodging
- Amenities: WiFi, queen beds, stunning views
PLATTE RIVER FORT
If you’re looking to have the ultimate outdoor adventure experience in Northern Colorado, stay in one of the yurts at Platte River Fort! These yurts are situated right alongside the river banks and offer the perfect escape in nature. Go fly fishing in the river, and explore all the hiking trails and hot springs nearby.
- Accommodation: Yurts
- Amenities: Beds, picnic tables, river tubes, fire pits, outdoor seating
- No: Running water, electricity, indoor plumbing, heater/air conditioning
BLACK TREE RESORT
Black Tree Resort is a luxury experience combined with a beautiful nature experience. Tents are thoughtfully spaced and private. They are fully furnished and include everything you need.
Fun activities that you can experience include hiking, fishing, horseback riding, white water rafting, ATV tours and zip lining. Nearby, you can enjoy hot springs, casinos and historic activities.
- Accommodation Types: Luxury tents with queen beds
- Amenities: Private bathroom in a separate tent, three meals delivered each day, includes linens and electricity
CONESTOGA WAGONS AT SUN OUTDOORS
Sun Outdoors boasts several types of accommodations surrounded by the Rocky Mountains in Granby, CO — RV and tent sites, as well as cabins and Airstream rentals. But one of their most unique accommodations are their luxury covered wagons.
The accommodation sites are surrounded by a resort with tons of fun activities, including a fitness center, bowling, pools and hot tubs, a bar and grill with live music, and charming fire pits under the starry skies.
- Accommodation Types: Variety of sites. The covered wagons accommodate 2-4 guests in a king bed and twin bunk beds.
- Amenities: Fitness center, entertainment center, pool/hot tub, bar and grill, fire pits
LUXE SAFARI TENT
In Carbondale, CO, you’ll find gorgeous, fully furnished safari tents that sleep two near the White River National Forest. Outside the tent is a deck and relaxation space.
Surrounded by beautiful hiking trails, horseback riding and alpaca yoga classes, you’ll never run out of things to do. Nearby, the town of Carbondale boasts shopping and restaurants.
- Accommodation Types: Plush king size four poster bed
- Amenities: Just outside the yurt is a tent with shower, sink, toilet and dressing room. Towels and linens are provided. Hot plate for cooking.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO COLORADO
- YOUR COLORADO VACATION
- DURANGO: 21 Amazing Things To Do In Durango CO You’ll Love
- BUENA VISTA: 9 Of The Very Best Things To Do In Buena Vista CO
- VAIL: 33 Sensational Things To Do In Vail
- ASPEN: 18 Best Things To Do In Aspen For Year-Round Fun
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC