It’s no secret that Colorado is home to some of the most gorgeous landscapes and mountain scenery in the world. Hiking to the peaks of the Rocky Mountains or skiing at one of Colorado’s world famous ski resorts is no easy feat. You deserve to relax in a hot tub after a full day of adventure, and you can do so without even leaving the mountains by visiting one of Colorado’s many hot spring pools.
No matter the season, you can spend the entire day at a hot spring with the entire family visiting the different pools, enjoying some slides, aquatic rock climbing walls, and more. In the winter, visit a hot spring for a relaxing soak to release the tension from your aching muscles after a day of shredding on the slopes. Or, if you’re just looking for a relaxing and rejuvenating getaway, spend a whole weekend away getting pampered at a luxury resort in the mountains while soaking in different pools in between.
Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or a healthy mix of both, you’re guaranteed to find a pool to suit your needs on this list. Keep reading to learn about the best hot springs in Colorado!
IRON MOUNTAIN HOT SPRINGS, GLENWOOD SPRINGS
Iron Mountain Hot Springs is a natural hot spring pool overlooking the Colorado River in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. It was created as a therapeutic space to relax and rejuvenate in. It features 16 unique soaking pools, including a heart shaped pool, an infinity pool, and one with a waterfall. All of the pools contain mineral waters that are meant to relax your muscles and let you leave feeling healthy, happy, and relaxed.
Pick the one that best suits your needs, or spend the day trying them all! Watch the sunrise over the mountains as you soak, enjoy the sunshine on your face throughout the day, or relax as you watch the sun disappear into the evening sky.
Reservations are required to visit the hot springs and each guest can stay for 2.5 hours.
● Distance from Denver: 2.75 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are not available on site, but many hotels in the area offer discounts to Iron Mountain Hot Springs with your stay.
● Ages: All children are allowed in the family pool, children between 5 and 13 are allowed in the hot spring pools with adult supervision.
● Concessions: There is a poolside cafe offering both dine-in service and grab-and-go items
Details: 281 Centennial St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 | Website
YAMPAH SPA & VAPOR CAVES, GLENWOOD SPRINGS
A visit to Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves is one of the most unique and relaxing experiences you could ever have. Vapor caves are essentially hot springs located inside of a cave, originally used by the Ute Indians to heal the body and spirit by slowly soothing the aches and pains away. The minerals used in the baths, along with the wide range of spa treatments available, well succeed their goal of having you leave feeling physically and mentally healed and rejuvenated.
Children are not allowed at the Yampah Spa and Vapor Caves, so spend a relaxing weekend away for some “me time” or alone time with a partner!
● Distance from Denver: 2.75 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are not available on site, but there are many hotels nearby!
● Ages: Children are not permitted at the Yampa Spa and Vapor Caves.
● Annual Passes: Passes are available for two hours, a full day, 2 days, 10 days, or monthly.
Details: 709 E 6th St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 | Website
GLENWOOD HOT SPRINGS, GLENWOOD SPRINGS
The Glenwood Hot Springs Pool is unique, as it is the world’s largest hot springs pool! It’s extremely easy to get to, as it’s located right off highway 70 near downtown, centrally located between Aspen and Vail. You can spend the day soaking in the hot springs after a hike around town or a visit to the slopes, or spend an entire weekend here soaking in the pool, getting pampered in the spa, and admiring the views. Spend your morning out on the slopes, take a walk downtown to grab dinner or a beer, and soak your tired muscles in the pool for sunset.
One of the best parts of the Glenwood Hot Springs is the packages that they have available. You can either use their pools or services for the day, book a day of relaxation, or spend an entire weekend adventuring around the mountains. Check out their ski swim stay package for a great deal on both a resort stay and free lift tickets!
● Distance from Denver: 2.75 hours
● Accommodations: Yes
● Ages: Kids are permitted to use the hot springs pool any time it is open, and they can enjoy the two water slides on site!
● Concessions: There is a snack bar on site and also a grill. You are also within walking distance of many restaurants downtown.
● Annual Passes: Day passes, season passes, and annual passes are available for purchase.
Details: 401 N River St, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601 | Website
HOT SPRINGS LOCATED WITHIN 2 HOURS OF DENVER
INDIAN HOT SPRINGS, IDAHO SPRINGS
Indian Hot Springs is the closest hot spring to Denver, so it’s perfect if you only have a day or afternoon available and want to cross visiting a hot spring off your bucket list. I generally stop here on my way back to Denver after a day on the slopes for a mud mask and a fun way to relax my aching muscles. The Indian Hot Springs features two pools: a heated indoor pool with a tropical ambiance, and an outdoor cave section. There are also private baths available for rent. Children are permitted in the indoor pool, but the outdoor caves are only for those 16 and up. Stop by for a relaxing evening and stay the night, you won’t regret it!
● Distance from Denver: 0.75 hours
● Accommodations: Campsites, cabins, and lodge rooms are available for nightly rent
● Ages: Children are permitted in the indoor pool, but the outdoor caves are only for those 16 and up.
● Concessions: Snacks
Details: 302 Soda Creek Rd, Idaho Springs, CO 80452 | Website
SUNWATER SPA, MANITOU SPRINGS
Sunwater Spa is a relaxing spa located in Manitou Springs (near Colorado Springs) featuring picturesque cedar soaking tubs, saunas, and regular spa treatments. It is located near many main attractions such as Pike’s Peak, but offers a relaxing getaway away from all the hustle and bustle.
Visit to soak in a tub, take a yoga class (also available virtually!), book a facial, or a full body massage. No matter what you do here, you’re guaranteed to feel relaxed and rejuvenated when you leave!
● Distance from Denver: 1.75 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are not available, but there are plenty of campsites, cabins, and hotels nearby!
● Ages: Children of any age are able to soak in the mineral baths.
● Concessions: Yes, Sunwater Spa is proud to partner with Tava Food Truck, which offers farm to truck meals.
Details: 514 El Paso Blvd, Manitou Springs, CO 80829 | Website
HOT SULPHUR SPRINGS RESORT, HOT SULPHUR SPRINGS
Hot Sulphur Springs Resort is located just west of Rocky Mountain National Park, about 2 hours away from Denver past Winter Park and Fraser, Colorado. It’s an excellent place to relax after a long day on the slopes and stay overnight if you’re planning on skiing or hiking in that area. The Hot Springs has 21 hot spring pools to enjoy! Children under 12 are able to use any of the 4 lower pools and 2 of the indoor pools. Bring the whole family for a day of fun or a relaxing afternoon after spending the day in the mountains.
● Distance from Denver: 2 hours
● Accommodations: Lodging accommodations are available and come with two all-day hot spring passes, one on the day you check in and one on the day you check out.
● Ages: Children are allowed in all four lower pools and 2 of the indoor pools.
● Concessions: Yes, but outside food and beverages are not permitted.
Details: 5609 Spring Rd, Hot Sulphur Springs, CO 80451 | Website
STRAWBERRY PARK NATURAL HOT SPRINGS, STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
Steamboat Springs itself is one of the best winter destinations in the country because it has everything you need for a magical winter wonderland – a great ski area, the best hot springs, and hundreds of miles of untouched backcountry land where you can enjoy snowmobiling or cross country skiing. So if you’re planning to visit Colorado in the winter, I’d recommend going to Steamboat Springs.
Strawberry Park Hot Springs is one of the best hot springs in Colorado! The pools are natural springs located in the mountains and are well-maintained, so you feel like you’re having a wild hot springs experience in the middle of the mountains while swimming in crystal clear water.
Due to how busy the hot springs get, overnight guests are permitted to use the pools from 8P-10A free of charge, but day use passes must be purchased separately and space is not guaranteed. Strawberry Park Hot Springs operates on a reservation-only basis for both day use passes and overnight accommodations, so visits must be planned well in advance. Day use passes are available for anyone of any age, but anyone under 18 must be out of the pools by 8pm. After this time, clothing becomes optional.
Local tip: Traction laws are in place from Nov 1st-May 1st so four wheel drive/all-wheel drive with snow tires is required, otherwise you must have snow chains. If you do not have any of these things accessible to you, there is a shuttle you can take to Strawberry Park Hot Springs from downtown Steamboat Springs in the Steamboat Transit Center.
● Distance from Denver: 3.25 hours
● Accommodations: Yes, Tent spaces, covered wagons, and cabins are available for rent and must be booked in advance.
● Ages: Kids are welcome to use any of the pools during the day but are not permitted after dark (8pm).
● Concessions: Concessions are not available to be purchased on site. You are welcome to bring your own food and enjoy a picnic at the picnic area. Alcohol is not permitted.
Details: 44200 Co Rd 36, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 | Website
OLD TOWN HOT SPRINGS, STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
Old Town Hot Springs is located right in downtown Steamboat Springs, so it’s the perfect place to go for a dip after a long hike or a day of shredded down the mountain! Old Town Hot Springs is not just a hot springs pool, it’s a full water park/fitness center. It features a 230 foot water slide, an aquatic climbing wall, natural hot spring soaking pools, a lap pool, gym, childcare, and more! Bring your kids for the entire day and I guarantee you’ll all sleep very well!
There are different pricing options for those visiting and those who live in Routt and Moffet counties. If you are a resident of these counties and enjoy fitness, it would be well worth it to get a monthly, seasonal, or annual pass as you not only get access to the hot spring pools, but also gym access and access to over 30 fitness classes each month.
● Distance from Denver: 3 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are not available on site, but there are plenty of overnight accommodations nearby.
● Ages: Anyone over the age of 15 is permitted to use the hot springs pools at any time. Childcare is available for those under age.
● Concessions: Concessions are available on site. Bringing in outside food is also permitted but no alcohol is allowed.
● Annual Passes: Monthly, seasonal, and annual passes are available for purchase!
Details: 136 S Lincoln Ave, Steamboat Springs, CO 80487 | Website
MOUNT PRINCETON HOT SPRINGS RESORT, NATHROP
If you’re looking for adventure, you must visit Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort! This resort is open year round, everyday. It is so fun and has nearly every amenity you could need for the family, so you could spend an entire week here and never get bored. There are many pools to choose from, hot spring spas, restaurants on site, and tours available.
Not only does Mount Princeton have some out of this world hot springs, the property is surrounded by mostly public lands, so there is plenty to do both in the resort and nearby. In the summer, spend your days hiking, playing tennis, and enjoying the outdoor mineral pools and 400-foot water slide. In the winter, rent some snowshoes or take a dog sled tour. Try every activity! It’s all included in your stay, so take advantage and live your best Colorado life at Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort. For a fun day trip, visit the nearby towns of Salida Colorado or Buena Vista.
● Distance from Denver: 2.5 hours
● Accommodations: Yes, all overnight guests will receive two days of access to the pools and other amenities.
● Ages: All soaking pools are open to people of all ages until 5pm. Those ages 16+ can use the Relaxation Pool and Cascades Hot Springs Pool until 9pm.
● Concessions: Yes, there are concessions and restaurants on site.
● Annual Passes: Local’s Punch Pass gives you 20 visits and expires 1 year after purchase.
Details: 15870 Co Rd 162, Nathrop, CO 81236 | Website
AVALANCHE RANCH HOT SPRINGS, REDSTONE
Redstone is a tiny little mountain town located between Glenwood Springs and Aspen, best known for their resort destination called Avalanche Ranch. Avalanche Ranch is nestled in the heart of the Rocky Mountains at the base of the Crystal River. Surprisingly, not many tourists know it exists, so it’s the ultimate quiet cabin getaway in the mountains.
It features 24 hour access to the hot spring pools and has adorable overnight cabins to stay in. Stop by Avalanche Ranch to relax during the day, or stay in one of the cabins to enjoy some peace and quiet.
● Distance from Denver: 3.25 hours
● Accommodations: Yes, cabins are available for rent and guests are allowed 24/7 access to the pools.
● Ages: Children are welcome to use the pools at any time with adult supervision.
Details: 12863 CO-133, Redstone Historic District, CO 81623 | Website
COTTONWOOD HOT SPRINGS INN & SPA, BUENA VISTA
When visiting Buena Vista, Colorado in the summer, the best thing to do is drive Cottonwood Pass (generally open May-November) and end up at the Cottonwood Hot Springs Inn and Spa right at the end. Cottonwood Pass is a gorgeous mountain pass full of colorful aspen trees and majestic mountain peaks. At the end of the trail lies the Cottonwood Hot Springs, surrounded by trees and ready for you to soak in.
The Cottonwood Hot Springs features natural stone hot springs soaking tubs, a dry sauna, a spa, camping, RV sites, and other unique accommodations. Admission to the hot springs pools and dry sauna are available with your pass. Children are permitted to use the facilities under adult supervision, but those under 16 must leave after dark.
● Distance from Denver: 2.5 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are available on site, but passes to the hot springs are not included with all reservations.
● Ages: Children are permitted to use the facilities under adult supervision but those under 16 must leave after dark.
● Concessions: Snacks and drinks are available for purchase, outside food and beverages are allowed, but glass and alcohol are not permitted.
Details: 18999 Co Rd 306, Buena Vista, CO 81211 | Website
JOYFUL JOURNEY HOT SPRINGS SPA, MOFFAT
Joyful Journey Hot Springs Spa, located in the San Luis Valley, offers three hot springs pools and two jacuzzi hot tubs. All of the pools at Joyful Journey are filled with the natural, mineral-rich, geothermically-heated water that rises in springs on the property. All the pools are drained and cleaned nightly.
The View Pool is super special, because of the spectacular views of the mountains. This pool is also a quiet pool, and visitors are asked to keep their voices at a whisper while soaking here. If you’re looking for more privacy, Joyful Journey offers indoor, private soaking pools any day of the week.
- Distance from Denver: 3 hours
- Accommodations: They have a lodge, a two-bedroom home, yurts, tipis, RV and camping sites.
- Ages: No children under the age of 5.
- Concessions: Meals are included for those staying on-site.
Details: 28640 CR 58 EE, Moffat, CO 81143 | Website
ORVIS HOT SPRINGS, RIDGEWAY
The Orvis Hot Springs is a natural hot springs pool located in southwest Colorado near Ouray and Telluride. Its water has seven naturally-occurring minerals and is never treated, in order to maintain the natural, relaxing element of the hot springs. It features 10 hot spring pools (some indoor, some outdoor) for anyone ages 4 and up to relax in. Stop by the Orvis Hot Springs after a full day of adventure at nearby Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park or the majestic San Juan Mountains. Your muscles will definitely thank you!
If you have children, be aware that the outdoor pools at the Orvis Hot Springs are clothing-optional at all times, and many people love to partake in this.
● Distance from Denver: 5.5 hours
● Accommodations: There is camping and RV parking, and a few cabins available on site with a community kitchen and WiFi available. Hotel accommodations are not available on site, but there are many great hotels nearby!
● Ages: Children of all ages can use the hot springs pool at anytime, but those under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Details: 1585 County Rd #3, Ridgway, CO 81432 | Website
OURAY HOT SPRINGS, OURAY
Ouray Hot Springs is located right in the heart of the San Juan Mountains in the small town of Ouray, Colorado, otherwise nicknamed “The Switzerland of America.” Ouray itself is an adventure lover’s paradise. After visiting some of the most incredible mountain destinations on planet earth, I can confidently say that the San Juans are full of some of the most beautiful hiking trails in the world, and some of the most unique mountain activities to try. Explore the San Juan Mountains by foot or by wheels, visit the world class ice park, scale the side of the mountain on a cable, or relax and soak in a hot springs pool in the middle of it all, the Ouray Hot Springs.
The Ouray Hot Springs Pool consists of 3 geothermally heated pools and two indoor pools. It is also a fitness center, so you can swim laps or take fitness classes at the indoor pool. Outside, take a soak in a relaxing tub and admire the majesty that surrounds you.
● Distance from Denver: 5.75 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are not available on site, but there are many campsites and hotels available nearby.
● Ages: Most of the pools are family-friendly, but there is an adult-only option.
● Concessions: Yes
● Annual Passes: Memberships are available for purchase.
THE SPRINGS RESORT & SPA, PAGOSA SPRINGS
The Springs Resort and Spa is a relaxing, luxury hydrothermal spa located off the banks of the San Juan River in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Aside from its incredible spa and wellness studio, there are over 25 completely unique hot spring pools for both overnight guests a day visitors to enjoy, including the world’s deepest geothermal hot spring. Stop by for the day or spend many days getting pampered at the spa, taking classes at the wellness center, and relaxing in the San Juan Mountains.
● Distance from Denver: 5.25 hours
● Accommodations: Overnight accommodations are available on site and includes access to the hot spring pools. Swim ski packages are also available.
● Ages: All ages are welcome to use the hot spring pools.
● Concessions: There are snacks and restaurants on site for both day pass users and overnight guests to enjoy.
Details: 323 Hot Springs Blvd, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147 | Website
DURANGO HOT SPRINGS RESORT, DURANGO
Durango Hot Springs Resort is a luxury resort and spa located in southwest Colorado in Durango. Spend the day visiting their swimming pool, one of their 16 hot springs pools, or hot spring rain tower. This resort uses a unique blend of minerals in their water meant to oxygenate and soothe the body, even after a full vacation packed with adventure in the mountains. Spend the day visiting the different pools, get a treatment from the spa after a day on the slopes, or spend the whole weekend relaxing in the mountains.
● Distance from Denver: 6.5 hours
● Ages: Four of the hot spring pools are available for people of all ages.
● Concessions: There are concessions and restaurants located on site for both overnight guests and day pass users.
● Annual Passes: Daily passes, punch cards, and frequency cards are all available for purchase.
Details: 6475 Co Rd 203, Durango, CO 81301 | Website
DUNTON HOT SPRINGS, DOLORES
Dunton Hot Springs in Dolores, Colorado is a small and exclusive hot springs resort found set in a beautiful alpine valley, just over the mountain from Telluride. This restored 1880s ghost town is the perfect place for a mountain escape.
Stay in one of their authentic and beautifully restored log cabins, some of which were built by miners many years ago. In the winter, you can enjoy snowshoeing and cross-country skiing on site, and in the summer, you can enjoy horseback riding, fly fishing, mountain biking, and a lot more. This resort is a one-stop shop.
There are five ways to enjoy the hot springs here, but they’re only open to those who stay on-site. Test out the waters inside a restored 19th century bathhouse, under the stars, in the pool outside the bathhouse, in the pool behind the Dunton Store cabin, or inside Well House cabin. You can’t go wrong with any of the choices here — they are all amazing and special in their own way.
- Distance from Denver: 7.75 hours
- Ages: Perfect for adults.
- Accommodations: Thirteen beautifully appointed log cabins, and you must stay on property to use the springs.
- Concessions: Meals are included with your stay at the resort.
Details: 52068 Road 38, Dolores, CO 81323-9778 | Website
DESERT REEF HOT SPRINGS
Desert Reef Hot Springs in Florence, Colorado first came to be in 1986 as a sort of hidden, off-the-beaten-path hot springs. After going through a complete renovation in 2021, this amazing spot re-opened in 2022 with new ownership, but the same vision. That vision? For visitors to be able to get away from it all, relax, and find inspiration in the surrounding mountains, hot springs, and star-filled skies.
This is not the type of hot springs that will be overcrowded. This beautiful outdoor space requires reservations, in order to make sure every guest is able to have an amazing experience.
You’ll find a main pool here, along with four others, and they are kept at certain temperatures depending on the season — 100 degrees in the winter, and lower in the summertime. Private pool rentals are also available. If you’d like to stay here, they offer four vintage Airstreams with private pools as well, with plans to offer tiny home rentals in the future.
- Distance from Denver: 1.5 hours
- Ages: 18+
- Accommodations: Four vintage airstreams with private pools, with tiny homes planned for the future.
- Concessions: Some snacks available for purchase on-site. It’s currently BYOB (two per person) as of summer 2022, but that will stop once they secure their liquor license.
Details: 1194 County Rd. 110, Florence, CO 81226| Website
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO COLORADO
- YOUR COLORADO VACATION
- COLORADO SPRINGS: 31 Delightful Things To Do In Colorado Springs
- COLORADO RESORTS: 21 Amazing Colorado Resorts Perfect For Every Type of Traveler
- FORT COLLINS: 15 Amazing Things To Do In Fort Collins, Colorado
- PUEBLO: 13 Fun Things To Do In Pueblo, Colorado
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC