Life can be crazy, and that’s why an adults only trip to Orlando, FL, is a must!
Whether you’re looking for relaxation, outdoor adventures, or theme park fun, you’ll find it in this Central Florida city. Here are 27+ of the best things to do in Orlando for adults that we know you’ll love.
COOLEST PLACES TO STAY IN ORLANDO
- Adults-only Dream: Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando‘s stylish and sophisticated vibe may entice you not to leave the resort. In 2023, guests will experience new additions – like the upscale Altira Rooftop Pool Lounge where guests can savor seasonally influenced dishes and specialty cocktails – and reimagined spaces like the property’s signature restaurant, The Boheme; the Bösendorfer Lounge; and guest rooms.
- Europe in Orlando: Castle Hotel feels like a Bavarian escape. You won’t find a pool here, but they make up for it in ambiance and great eats at the restaurant.
- Best Retreat Experience: Waldorf Astoria Orlando is adjacent to Disney, but don’t discount it if WDW isn’t in your plans. It sits on a 482-acre nature preserve, with a golf course, full-service spa, 2 (beautiful) pools, and private cabanas. 12 on-site restaurants include an award-winning steakhouse and an incredible sushi restaurant. Did I mention the in-room soaking tub? Yes, please!
BEST ATTRACTIONS TO VISIT IN ORLANDO FOR ADULTS
Families Fly Free is a program that has introduced hundreds of families to the joys of flying free using travel rewards – including our family! Want to learn how to save thousands of dollars making your travel dreams come true? Click here to grab 7 Secret Hacks that the owner personally uses to fly her family for 4 for free all over the world!
TOUR KENNEDY SPACE CENTER
America’s space program was born in Florida, and there’s so much to do at Kennedy Space Center!
Be a part of the next space launch, take tours of the Space Center and chat with an astronaut. The newest addition is Gateway: The Deep Space Launch Complex, where you can learn about current space exploration and experience what is in store for the future by getting up close to actual spacecraft.
Looking for online tickets to attractions or cool tours offering insider info? Get Your Guide is our family’s go-to resource for online purchases. Find Kennedy Space Center tickets here.
VISIT LEU GARDENS
Leu Gardens is a beautiful, relaxing outdoor oasis located right near downtown Orlando. It is 50 acres in total, and features a few different gardens. I’ve attended a wedding here, and it’s such a gorgeous and peaceful place.
Aside from strolling through the gardens, you can also take a tour of the Leu House Museum to learn more about the Leu Estate, the historical house located on the property or visit the art gallery in the Welcome Center.
SEE THE ORLANDO MAGIC IN ACTION
Sports fans, check out the schedule for the Orlando Magic while you’re in town.
The Orlando Magic compete in the NBA’s Eastern Conference Southeast Division and they play home games at the Amway Center.
USE YOUR INVESTIGATIVE SKILLS AT THE ESCAPE GAME
Head to The Escape Game on I-Drive in Orlando and practice your investigative skills. You and your crew can do your best to escape from one of seven different escape rooms for all skill levels.
Each game has multiple rooms to explore, and you can choose from a variety of themes and difficulties. They’ll even give you as many hints as you may need, but you won’t need any…right?
VISIT WINTER PARK
Winter Park, Florida, is an adorable town that is absolutely worth a stop during your visit to Orlando. Winter Park is located only about 20-30 minutes from downtown Orlando. It is nicknamed “Little Europe,” thanks to its Old European-style cobblestone streets lined with historic buildings containing local shops, first-class restaurants, and world-class museums.
It’s also a great place for outdoor enthusiasts, as there are more than 75 parks in the city where you’ll find stunning gardens to walk through, art festivals to attend, or the ability to just relax, unwind and enjoy the outdoors no matter the season.
Pick up a walking tour brochure from the Winter Park Historical Museum to learn more about the city.
SHOP TILL YOU DROP AT ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL PREMIUM OUTLETS
If you like luxury shopping for good deals or need some souvenirs from your trip to the Sunshine State, visit The Orlando International Premium Outlets near Universal Studios. Containing nearly 200 stores, this is the largest shopping center in the entire Southeast region of the United States.
BEST WAYS FOR ADULTS TO RELAX IN ORLANDO
MY BEER SPA
Believe it or not, soaking in a hot tub full of beer is great for the vitality of your skin and relaxing for your muscles. Visit My Beer Spa in Orlando to try it out for yourself.
When you book an appointment, you’ll not only get to bathe in beer, but you’ll also be able to drink as much of it as you want on tap.
RELAX AT THE POOL HYATT REGENCY GRAND CYPRESS
The resort includes large pools, a swim-through grotto, and an impressive suspension bridge. Day passes include pools, waterfalls, whirlpools, beach, bike rental, boats, and a climbing wall. Upgrades are available, which include cabanas and other private experiences.
Book It: Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
RITZ CARLTON SPA
The spa at the Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes features 40 treatment rooms, including a state-of-the-art fitness center, a private lap pool, revitalizing salon, cafe, and more.
Not only is this a world class experience, another perk of booking an appointment at the Ritz Carlton Spa is that they also give you all-day access to many of the pools.
Book It: Ritz Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
BEST THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO FOR ADULTS WHO LOVE THE OUTDOORS
EXPLORE LAKE EOLA
Lake Eola Park features Lake Eola, the Walt Disney Amphitheater, and walking trails around the lake. Have some fun by renting a Swan Boat to paddleboat around the lake with some friends.
Make time to try one of the many bars or restaurants in the neighborhood.
BE A KID AGAIN AT ICON PARK
ICON Park is the ultimate entertainment district in Orlando! It is one of the best places to visit if you’re on a budget, as parking and admission to the park are both free 365 days a year. You can park, walk around the park, watch live shows, and admire the dancing fountains…all for free!
If you have some money to spend, you can still snag great deals on restaurant packages and attraction admissions. Some of the attractions you’ll find here are:
- The Wheel at ICON Park
- Madame Tussauds Orlando Wax Museum
- Sea Life Aquarium
- Max Action Arena
- 7D Motion Theater
- Carousel On The Promenade
- Pearl Express Train
You’ll also find dining, shopping, and special events here throughout the year.
SWIM WITH DOLPHINS AT DISCOVERY COVE
Discovery Cove is an all-inclusive day resort where you can experience animal encounters in a tropical paradise. Swimming with dolphins is the highlight and there are many other opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and playing in the water amidst beaches and waterfalls.
Out-of-the-water experiences include experiencing a variety of amazing birds in a beautiful aviary.
Your all-day inclusive pass includes all the gear you need and unlimited food and drinks, including beer and wine. There are many opportunities for upgrades as well; swimming with sharks and underwater walking tours and more.
ENJOY AN EVERGLADES AIRBOAT RIDE
If you’re looking for a fun way to visit wetlands and marshes, consider booking a ride on an airboat through the Everglades! The narrated tours with Everglades Airboat Expeditions take you through the swamps to see areas of the Everglades that you can’t see from land.
HIKE AT TIBET-BUTLER NATURE PRESERVE
The Tibet-Butler Nature Preserve is a scenic nature center located along the shores of Lake Butler in Orlando.
This park has a few easy trails to follow and a butterfly garden that offers a nice stroll through the park and along the lake. Pack a lunch and enjoy it in the picnic area after visiting the park!
GLOW ALL OUT WITH A BIOLUMINESCENCE KAYAK TOUR
Bioluminescence is a natural phenomenon that occurs when algae and certain fish (like jellyfish) have a literal glow to them at certain times of the year, generally in the summer months. Every time you stroke the water, you can see the plants and plankton moving and illuminating through the surface.
When you join a bioluminescence kayak tour, you, your small group, and your guide will all meet up at night. You’ll then paddle your way through the dark lagoon in a clear kayak to see this truly incredible phenomenon in action!
BEST RESTAURANTS, BREWERIES, AND WINERIES IN ORLANDO
DRINK YOUR WAY THROUGH THE CENTRAL FLORIDA ALE TRAIL
If you love trying different craft beers and visiting local breweries when you travel, you have to pick up a map for The Central Florida Ale Trail and collect your passport stamps!
There are 20-something local breweries in the Orlando area that make up the Central Florida Ale Trail, with more in progress. You can pick up a map at any of the participating breweries and take a self-guided tour of them all. You’ll receive a passport stamp at each location and then get a free 64-ounce growler at the last stop.
Flying into Orlando? You’re going to need a car. Great rates and comparisons on all major brands, including Enterprise and Hertz make Discover Cars our favorite travel tool. Click here to compare rental car prices.
TASTE THE WINES AT LAKERIDGE WINERY AND VINEYARDS
Florida’s largest winery is Lakeridge Winery and Vineyards. It is in Clermont, Florida, which is about 45 minutes west of Orlando.
Lakeridge makes a variety of award-winning wines from Florida’s Muscadine grape, such as Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio on the white side, and Petite Sirah and Carbernet Sauvignon from the reds.
Tours and tastings are available for free seven days a week from 10am-4pm.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN ORLANDO FOR ADULTS AT NIGHT
LAUGH OUT LOUD AT SAK COMEDY LAB
Sak Comedy Lab is an improv comedy theater located right downtown with shows running nearly every day of the week.
Check the calendar to see what events are going on, or take a class if you are interested in either trying your hand at improv comedy or improving your current skills.
ENJOY SOME KICK-ASS BAR SCENES
Orlando has an awesome nightlife scene with all different kinds of bars for you to choose from. There are tons of good craft cocktail bars, sports bars, and themed bars.
- Chillers on Church Street is a popular college night dive bar, known for their daiquiris.
- Hanson’s Shoe Repair is a cool speakeasy in a historic building serving excellent craft cocktails. You have to call on the day of your visit to receive the password to get in for the evening.
- The Treehouse is a great cocktail bar with a chill scene. It’s located right downtown, but is decorated with brick and warm lighting to give it a cozy, friendly ambiance.
- Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar is located at Disney Springs within the Walt Disney World Resort. It’s decorated to look like the airplane hangar that was the former home of Indiana Jones and his sidekick, Jock Lindsey — but it has now turned into an out-of-this-world dive bar.
- The SufferingBastard Tiki Bar is located inside Tuffy’s Bottle Shop and Lounge with a soothing ambiance, delicious drinks, and food.
- The Courtesy Bar not only makes your favorite cocktails, but teaches you how to make them with cocktail classes as well. Their menu changes seasonally.
- Howl at the Moon is the best place to go if you love a high energy nightlife scene! Located on International Drive with bands playing seven days a week, it’s always busy. It’s a dueling piano bar, but they play music of all genres.
- Brew Theory Marketplace has a full liquor bar, Brew Theory taproom, a beer garden and various retail tenants.
- Pointe Orlando’s newest restaurant addition, KAVAS Tacos + Tequila, pays tribute to Mexico’s rich culinary history, featuring savory comfort food, fresh tableside experiences and recipes hand-crafted from the freshest ingredients.
- Also new at Pointe Orlando, JoJo’s ShakeBAR, offers a modern, yet familiar diner experience featuring incredibly Instagram-worthy desserts, milkshakes and smashburgers.
YES, YOU CAN HIT THE THEME PARKS, TOO
THE HARRY POTTER EXPERIENCE
While the entire Wizarding World of Harry Potter is a fun place to visit no matter the age, there are some fun areas of Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade within Islands of Adventure that are for adults only.
Go on thrilling rides through Hogwarts and fulfill your childhood fantasy by trying all six types of butter beer in between. These are not alcoholic drinks, but if you are looking to join the adults at Hog’s Head Pub, you can grab a beer after a long day of jam-packed adventure.
BEST THINGS TO DO IN UNIVERSAL STUDIOS FOR BEER LOVERS
- Real beer at Duff Brewery: If you’re a fan of The Simpsons, swing by Duff Brewery for a pint of Duff Beer! Sip on Homer’s favorite drink while watching clips from the show. You’ll love the beer garden and outdoor bar area.
- Jake’s Beer Festival: If you love trying beer, plan to visit Universal Studios when Jake’s Beer Festival is going on. It only happens twice a year, and has 50 brews from Orlando and the rest of Florida for you to try, along with delicious food and great vibes.
- Dancing Dragons Boat Bar at Volcano Bay: If you’re looking to sip some tropical cocktails while dipping your toes in the sand, Dancing Dragons Boat Bar is the place to be!
- Rent a cabana: If you’ll be enjoying Universal Studios with a group of up to 16 people, consider renting a cabana for an afternoon or for the whole day at Volcano Bay’s Resort.
When the sun goes down, the clubs open up! CityWalk is the entertainment district in Universal Studios that is for adults only. There are more than a dozen restaurants, bars, and nightclubs to visit!
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind desserts and milkshakes at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium.
- Live out your rock star fantasies at Rising Star Karaoke.
- Sip martinis and enjoy the more sophisticated nightlife at The Red Coconut Club.
- For a sweet treat in the morning, try one of 50 varieties of donuts at Voodoo Doughnuts.
- Universal’s Great Movie Escape at Universal CityWalk is the first-ever escape room experience that features two rooms with interactive state-of-the-art missions, captivating storytelling and intricately detailed sets, inspired by blockbuster films Jurassic World and Back to the Future.
SEE THE BLUES BROTHERS SHOW
The Blues Brothers Show is a live show based on the Blues Brothers film. Stop by to enjoy this quick and entertaining 15-minute live show to laugh out loud with Jake and Elwood!
WALT DISNEY WORLD
BEST THINGS TO DO IN WALT DISNEY WORLD FOR ADULTS
- Backstage Tours: Take a backstage tour and get a sneak peek into all your favorite areas of the park. Plunge into the 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium at EPCOT, or learn all about your favorite beasts and animal conservation at Animal Kingdom.
- Fireworks Cruise: Take a fireworks cruise and see Epcot’s fireworks from the water. There are a few different cruises to pick from, including a dessert cruise that serves you Ferrytale Desserts under the magic in the night sky.
BEST WAYS TO RELAX AT WALT DISNEY WORLD FOR ADULTS
- Explore the spas: You deserve to relax and unwind, and there are many magical places in Disney World that will help take your relaxing vacation to the next level. Make an appointment to get pampered at the Grand Floridian Resort, Mandara Spa at the Dolphin Hotel, or Zahanati Massage.
- Go Golfing: If you love golfing, opt to spend some time at one of Walt Disney World Resorts 4 golf courses. Magnolia Golf Course is the longest, and the Palm Golf Course is one of the toughest.
BEST BARS AND RESTAURANTS IN WALT DISNEY WORLD
- Drink Around the World at World Showcase: The World Showcase at EPCOT is a collection of 11 countries that showcase the different culture, food, and alcoholic beverages from around the world. Try the Drink Around The World Challenge. In this challenge you’ll grab a drink from each of the bars in this EPCOT village.
- Take the Unofficial Disney World Monorail Bar Crawl: If you’re looking to try different bars at the Walt Disney World Resorts, take the unofficial Disney World monorail bar crawl!
- Visit The Edison in Disney Springs: The Edison is a 1920s-themed bar and restaurant designed to look like an industrial power plant. Swing by for a delicious dinner or unique cocktail!
- Raglan Road Irish Pub: Raglan Road Irish Pub at Disney Springs is your typical Irish bar featuring classic dishes such as Shepard’s Pie and of course, tons of beer. Stop by for dinner or come at night to enjoy some live music.
- Victoria and Albert’s at the Grand Floridian: Victoria and Albert’s is an elegant Victorian restaurant with 3 Michelin stars located inside the Grand Floridian Hotel. It’s perfect for a date night.
- Jellyrolls: If you love to watch dueling pianos and drinking out of red solo cups, make a reservation at Jellyrolls for the evening! Jellyrolls is located off Disney’s BoardWalk and is a fun place to dance all night.
OUR FAVORITE ORLANDO TOURS
- Go Parasailing! Parasail high above the coast and get an exciting bird’s eye view of the beautiful landscape that will leave you breathless.
- Try Paddle Board Yoga and Meditation. Escape from your everyday stress or worries on beautiful Lake Ivanhoe near downtown Orlando. You and your group perform gentle yoga and meditation on the water. It’s beginner friendly!
- Experience a Horseback Ride and Paddle Adventure. Take a horseback ride through the heart of the Lake Jesup Conservation Area. After your ride, enjoy the natural beauty of Orlando on a 1.5 hour, guided tour of one Orlando’s most beautiful lakes.
- Glow Paddleboard or Kayak in Urban Paradise. The Night Glow Paddle Tour is a beautiful and unique view of the gorgeous clear water in Lake Ivanhoe. The incredibly powerful multi-color LED lights will reflect the brilliant colors below you.
- Rent a Paddle Board or Kayak. Enjoy paddleboarding or kayaking in the paradise of a beautiful lake system. This is kid- and beginner-friendly!
- Experience an Airboat Ride and Kennedy Space Center! Start with an airboat ride on the St. Johns River before exploring all the space center has to offer.
- Visit the Manatees! This fun tour has it all — a boat tour of Kings Bay and Crystal River, mask and snorkel equipment so you can see the manatees in their natural environment, a packed lunch, admission to Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, an airboat ride on the Withlacoochee River, transportation, and a tour guide.
- Get crazy with a Strip-o-Gram! If you’re looking for something really crazy on your Orlando vacation — consider getting a strip-o-gram! Perfect for bachelorette parties, this company guarantees you’ll get the perfect guy.
THINGS FOR ADULTS IN ORLANDO (printable)
Download this 1-page checklist of Things for Adults To Do in Orlando to print at home or your local print shop. Perfect to keep in a binder, bring on your adventure or just put on the refrigerator!
(PS. Some of this list is detailed in our article, 27 Super Fun Things To Do in Orlando for Adults.)
Format: PDF, US Letter Size, Portrait (8.5”x11”)
You will receive one PDF file. File will be emailed and available for download up to three times upon payment. No physical item will be shipped.
SAVE MONEY WITH OUR FAVORITE TRAVEL PARTNERS
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO FLORIDA
- YOUR FLORIDA VACATION
- FORT MYERS: 19 Things To Do In Fort Myers For Fun In The Sun
- FLORIDA’S WEST COAST: 23+ Memorable Stops For A Perfect West Coast of Florida Trip
- FLORIDA KEYS: 3 State Parks & 1 Dreamy National Park You Can’t Miss
- CAPE SAN BLAS: A Vacation Guide To Florida’s Forgotten Coast
- DESTIN RESORTS: 6 Fantastic Destin Florida Resorts Perfect For Fun In The Sun
WHERE TO STAY IN ORLANDO
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC