Discovering the best Gulf Shores beach rentals can be daunting, considering that there are over 15,000 of them along the Alabama Gulf Coast. You want it to feel like home, include amazing amenities, offer safety and security that let you actually relax …. and of course it needs to be on the beach!
Interested in visiting now? Click here to read our COVID Travel Edition updates about our visit to The Beach Club.
We’ve narrowed down the selections for your next family vacation. The Beach Club Resort by Spectrum is the best value in the area…and there is so much to love about them. Come read why we recommend them so highly, and why it is a MUCH better deal than a typical house rental.
So, to be clear…you can stay on one of the four towers at The Beach Club gulf-front condominium without renting through Spectrum. But…you don’t want to do that. Besides the security of having your management company onsite in case there is an issue, SO MANY THINGS are included when you use Spectrum.
Let’s go through those first!
I think my favorite is the “Clean Coverlet Guarantee.” Most hotels, vacation rentals, etc clean the coverlet/spread/duvet only a few times a month. Ick! Spectrum promises that all coverlets are clean for every visitor!
FREE is a Good Price
Next – your Spectrum Clubhouse Experience is included…no additional charges for the following:
- Access to SIX pools. In addition to the pool at each tower, Spectrum guests can access the indoor and outdoor pool at The Clubhouse. The indoor pool is always heated, and the outdoor pool is heated in March and April. Clean towels are available.
- Enjoy the fitness room, the game room, Gulfside Bar & Grill and access to lockers, showers, saunas and steam rooms in the men’s and women’s locker rooms.
- Activities at The Clubhouse include poolside music, family movie night, kids crafts (like tie-dye or sand dollar painting) and more.
- Complimentary DVD rentals
- Access to Sand Island, with over-sized chess and checker sets, charcoal grills, a volleyball court, corn-hole, and picnic tables.
- Basketballs and Shuffleboard Equipment, with access to the court.
- Complimentary bike rentals (the on-site wildlife preserve is a great place to bike safely – or explore all of the 86 acres!)
- Free ice cream for kids under 18
- Use of the Spectrum mobile app to manage your reservations, spending, and more … including the ability to skip the lobby
And…there are also some additional perks:
- 10% Discount on all Dining & Retail Outlets and Cabana Rentals when using your Spectrum Wristband (which also doubles as a cashless charging option)
- Priority front row and early reservations for beach chair rentals (fees apply)
- Grocery delivery service (fees apply)
- Mid-stay cleaning options (fees apply)
Everything You Need….Without Leaving
We recently spent 4 days at The Beach Club…and we never left the resort! Now, I know there are a million fun things to do in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, and I’m not advocating your skip those adventures. But if you want to be lazy like we were…it’s an option!
A full kitchen and charcoal grill access means you can cook on your own. We did that for breakfast each day…opting to make bacon and eggs while sipping on coffee in our jammies just a tad longer than usual.
For other meals, we induldged at several of the onsite eateries:
- We at lunch a few times at Gulfside Bar & Grill because it was easy, and allowed the boys to move from the beach to the pool. They ate burgers and chicken fingers, while Dan and I noshed on delicious salads. Also…the Miami Vice is awesome. Pina colada with a bit of strawberry daiquiri. Yum!
- The Village Hideaway was fantastic! The Chicken Alfredo is finished in the pizza oven, and so delicious. Also the manicotti and pizza were tops! Ashley got the gluten-free pizza and gave it two thumbs up.
- We also enjoyed the Village Lawn and Food Trucks one night. There is a truck for adult drinks (helloooo Bloody Mary!), one for shaved ice, and several food options like BBQ, burritos, and/or sandwiches. We loved the picnic tables, outdoor games, and live music.
- During the summer months you can also experience the Smoke and a Shrimp Boil every Friday and Saturday, plus complimentary games and activities including Knockerball, Laser Tag and the Video Game Truck
- The Village Creamery is an excellent option for ice cream and milkshakes.
- Be sure to make a reservation at Coast Restaurant. We really enjoyed our dinner on the veranda here, overlooking the Gulf. Oysters, sushi, fish…it was divine! This is a casually elegant eatery, so pack some resort-wear. But remember, it’s a kid-friendly resort so the kids are more than welcome, and there is a kiddo menu.
It’s not just restaurants that will keep you on site. Besides the pools and activities I mentioned above (bikes, yard games, basketball, volleyball, tennis courts, etc) there is more for everyone!
- I love that you are only steps from the beach, making it easy to come and go multiple times during the day. The sand is soft and the waves are ideal for families.
- Make sure to make an appointment for the spa and salon, offering pedicures, facials, massages and more.
- Tour operators are running options right on the beach. You can make a sandcastle, go on a dolphin tour…or hit the surf on a banana boat like we did! Make your reservations on site.
- One of my favorite things in life is a bonfire on the beach! Be sure to check out this option with Spectrum. I have not found another place in GSOB that offers this.
Finally…if you are looking to get out and explore…you’re about 20 minutes from the downtown district of Orange Beach/Gulf Shores. But we like to suggest you roam the opposite direction…at least once.
Head over to Fort Morgan, which is a historic masonry pentagonal bastion fort at the mouth of Mobile Bay. It’s a fun place to explore and only about 10 minutes from the Resort.
From there, you can also take a short ferry ride to Dauphin Island, which makes a super fun day trip. Heck, it’s an excuse to stay an extra day (or two!)
And What About the Accommodations?
You know what I loathe when I’m making a beach rental reservation? Sometimes, even when photos are available…the rental just feels stale. The decorations are from the 1980s – total cheese – and there is not a modern amenity is site. It’s disappointing.
You won’t find that with a Spectrum rental at The Beach Club. While all of them are decorated a little differently, they are stellar!
The furniture is nice (but not so nice that you have to make the kids sit on the floor.) The kitchen appliances are up-to-date.. the washer and dryer are wonderful…the decor feels fresh and clean, and not over-done. It truly felt like an escape.
We stayed in the beachfront condos..because, hello…beach front! Choose from 2, 3, 4, or 5 bedroom options. (If you ever book the 2-story, 5-bedroom, penthouse option…please invite me. You won’t even know I’m there!)
We stayed in a 3-bedroom, 3-bathroom unit in the D tower, and I swear it was bigger than our house in Atlanta. So much room, a great balcony with access from the Master, tubs and showers, plenty of dining space, and more!
I can’t imagine needing more than this or requiring something more regal…but if you want more bourgeois (and a private pool) then opt for one of the Lakeside Cottages. You get all the same perks, with easy access to the beach.
PS. Also in Orange Beach is another Spectrum property called Turquoise Place. Check it out for an even more luxurious experience.
The Beach Club by Spectrum consistently gets rave reviews, and now we know why! I can’t imagine staying anywhere else in the Alabama Beaches area. It was superb. This is absolutely be our go-to place for years to come.
Pin This Post
Disclosure: Thank you to Spectrum for hosting us. As always, opinions here are all our own. We always give you the TRUTH about what to expect, no compromises. And we genuinely LOVED this rental option more than any other.
- 2021: The 55+ Best Fall Festivals in Georgia That You’ll Love - 06/14/2021
- 25 Super Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas With Kids - 06/12/2021
- 51+ Best Family Weekend Getaway Ideas In The Southeast - 06/04/2021