Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Copper Mountain, Colorado, is a perfect place for skiers and snowboarders to try the sport for the first time. The resort is compact and the lifts are almost outside your front door, plus it’s not far from the Denver Airport.
In addition to skiing, you’ll also find tubing, snowshoe trails, ski lessons, rentals, a mountain coaster, ice skating, and so much more. Here’s everything you need to know about making a trip to Copper Mountain Ski Resort in Colorado!
Families Fly Free is a program that has introduced hundreds of families to the joys of flying free using travel rewards – including our family! Want to learn how to save thousands of dollars making your travel dreams come true? Click here to grab 7 Secret Hacks that the owner personally uses to fly her family for 4 for free all over the world!
COOLEST PLACES TO STAY IN COPPER MOUNTAIN
- Close to Ski Lifts: West Lake Lodge is super close to both American Flyer and American Eagle ski lifts. Each room features a patio and mountain views, and you’ll have access to a hot tub and sauna.
- Best in the East Village: Copper Springs Lodge is conveniently located in East Village and is across the street from the Super Bee lift. You’ll find a grand lobby, hot tubs, a fitness center, a ski locker room, and more.
- Best in West Village: The Cache in West Village has mountain views, a fireplace in each unit, and you’ll be just 100 yards from the Union Creek quad chair lift. Each multi-level townhome has its own private entrance, raised wooden deck and shares access to the outdoor hot tub.
COPPER MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT
Copper Mountain Ski Resort is located in Copper Mountain, Colorado — about 90 minutes from the Denver International Airport. With over 2,500 acres of skiable terrain, and a village that feels like a neighborhood, you’ll be able to live out your ski and snowboarding dreams in a comfortable place.
Copper Mountain Ski Resort features skiing and snowboarding of course, but also onsite lodging, entertainment, events, and so much more.
One of the best things about Copper Mountain is there are trails for skiers and snowboarders of every level. In fact, there are 140 marked trails here — 21% beginner, 25% intermediate, 36% advanced, and 18% expert.
You’ll also find plenty of chair lifts here. With 24 total chair lifts — you’ll be able to get up the mountain and skiing in no time. You’ll find 1 six-person high-speed lift; 1 six-person bubble high-speed chair; 1 eight-person gondola and six-person telemix lift; 4 high-speed quads; 5 triple chairlifts; 5 double chairlifts and 7 surface lifts.
This ski resort really has it all — making it a one-stop place for skiing and fun. Once you’re at the resort, you truly don’t have to go off-site at all. They even have a free shuttle service that helps you easily get to different areas of the ski resort.
Tip for Out-of-Towners: If you can, give yourself a day to acclimate to the altitude change before heading to the slopes. You’ll want to stay hydrated, and give your body a chance to adjust.
SKI LESSONS AT COPPER MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT
Are you new to skiing? Want to give snowboarding a try? Or have you brought kids with you who haven’t skied before? Or maybe it’s been awhile since you’ve been skiing? That’s where ski lessons at Copper Mountain Ski Resort come in!
At Copper, you’ll find Adult Group Lessons, Youth Group Lessons, Private Lessons for ages 3 and up, Family Private Lessons, Adult Clinics to fine-tune existing skills, and Woodward Private Lessons — which are for intermediate skiers to progress their terrain park skills.
When it comes to the lessons — they offer lessons for first-timers, and also for those who have skied or snowboarded before, but may need a refresher. You can choose from half-day and full-day lessons, and if you book at least 7 days in advance, you can save 15%! All of the youth lessons include a snack and lunch.
Taking a lesson at Copper is a great way to learn some great skills to give you the confidence to try the trails on your own. We highly recommend the lessons here — we’ve taken them, and they’re great!
SKI RENTAL EQUIPMENT
Renting skis and snowboards from Copper Mountain is about quality and convenience. You can choose from a variety of equipment options — from helmets and poles to skis and snowboards. They also offer great ski rental packages, as well as three slope-side locations, which span all three Copper villages.
The best news is — if you rent in advance, you can save big! Pre-book your rentals 30+ days in advance, and receive 30% off. Booking 7+ days in advance saves you 20%.
Copper offers all sorts of great rental packages — from the Basic, which is best for first-timers & leisurely carvers who are comfortable on beginner & intermediate terrain, to Performance, which is great for those who are comfortable making turns at higher speeds and looking to hone their technique. You’ll also find specific packages for younger skiers, Uphill packages, and the Demo package, which allows you to try out the latest gear that is specific to the current snow conditions.
LIFT TICKETS AT COPPER MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT
You can book your lift tickets in advance at Copper Mountain Ski Resort and save up to 48%!
Lift ticket prices vary by day, but start at $129 and go up to $199 on popular days (like Christmas week). Children under 4 can ski or ride free.
All lift tickets are loaded onto a Copper Card. The reusable, reloadable card acts as your lift ticket all season long. Upon pick up at Guest Services or any ticket window, you’ll receive the card for your initial lift ticket purchase. It’s easy to reload if you decide to make a return trip!
Play Forever Thursdays is another great way to save money on lift tickets while supporting a good cause. On select Thursdays throughout the 2023/24 winter season, $99 discounted lift tickets purchased online, in advance, will have a portion of proceeds benefit a charity of choice. Special organizations will be chosen to participate in the program on a selected Thursday during the season between January 11 and April 11.
Want to skip the lift lines? Some of the most popular lifts at Copper Mountain now feature Fast Tracks — a daily upgrade that lets you use dedicated express lift lanes, and you get start 30 minutes early! You can reserve Fast Tracks online in advance, or in person when you arrive. Access is limited each day.
If you think you’re going to fall in love with Copper Mountain and may want to stay awhile or make a return trip, consider buying a Season Pass.
LODGING AND ACCOMODATIONS
Want to stay right in the middle of the action? Then stay with Copper! All of the lodging accommodations at Copper are just steps away from the chair lifts, restaurants, shops, and activities.
Copper Mountain has three distinct villages — and each offers unique lodging options. You’ll also get the very best lift ticket prices when you book a ski package.
LODGING IN CENTER VILLAGE
At Center Village, you can stay at the brand new Element 29, which is a luxury 129-room hotel. Also in Center Village, you’ll find Copper Valley, which is super close to beginner lifts and a novice area for practicing your newly-acquired skills.
Ten Mile Haus offers slope-side accommodations, and Copper One Lodge is the perfect basecamp for those who want to be in the middle of all the action.
Copper Mountain Inn offers easy access to the American Eagle Chair Lift, the Easy Rider magic carpet and Green Acres. West Lake Lodge sits on the North shore of it’s namesake lake, and The Mill Club is ideally positioned within steps of the American Eagle Lift and the hot spots of Copper’s Village.
Tucker Mountain Lodge is an alpine-inspired lodge located in the heart of the Center Village, and Village Square offers spacious accommodations. Bridge End is just 150 yards from the American Eagle Chair Lift, by way of a covered bridge.
In addition to all of these, you’ll also find Mountain Plaza, Passage Point, Spruce Lodge, and Taylor’s Crossing to be great choices in the Center Village area as well.
LODGING IN EAST VILLAGE
Elk Run is a gated complex situated alongside the 8th and 9th fairways of Copper Creek Golf Course and 100 yards from the Super Bee Chair Lift and snow tubing hill on the east side. These townhomes feature everything you need in a home away from home, including balconies and fireplaces.
Copper Springs Lodge is a down-to-earth spot located just 150 yards from the 6-person Super Bee Chair Lift and the snow tubing hill.
Also in the East Village, you’ll find Peregrine, The Greens, The Woods, and the Foxpine Inn.
LODGING IN WEST VILLAGE
Telemark Lodge features efficient studio rooms. Located near the American Flyer Lift, this lodging option features onsite parking and hot tubs. The Cirque features ground level condos on the south side, and they have patios that open up to The Cirque’s grand courtyard featuring two outdoor pools, water fountains, hot tub, a fire pit and gas grill.
The Lodge at Copper, Union Creek Townhomes, and The Cache can also be found here.
MORE WINTER FUN AT COPPER MOUNTAIN SKI RESORT
In addition to skiing and snowboarding, you’ll also find more great things to do at Copper Mountain Ski Resort in the winter.
- The Rocky Mountain Coaster is a great way to speed through the forest while enjoying views of the Ten Mile Range. The Rocky Mountain Coaster is one of North America’s longest alpine coasters — you’ll make your way down 5,800 feet! The coaster can reach speeds up to 25 MPH.
- The Tubing Hill is fun for all ages! This family-friendly activity is a great way to enjoy the snow in a new way. The Tubing Hill, located in the East Village, features banked turns and lots of fun.
There is a 36-inch height requirement for tubing, and children must be able to ride in their own tube — not in a lap or with another participant. Tickets must be ordered online, and you can enjoy 10% off if you order at least one day in advance. Your ticket price includes an hour of tubing time!
- The Woodward Barn is Copper Mountain’s indoor action sports playground. This 19,400 square foot facility features multiple skating/scooter/BMX zones, indoor ParkSki and Burton ParkBoard training, a springfloor, a tumble track, five flybed trampolines, one super trampoline, and more.
- In the winter months, you’ll find ice skating on West Lake. If you don’t have your own skates, you can rent a pair at City Pop.
- For kids, the Snow Maze is a great choice. Located in the East Village next to the Super Bee lift, the Snow Maze is designed for children and adults ages 3+. The Snow Maze is free, and you can get your tickets here, or in person at Guest Services at Copper Station.
SHOPPING AND DINING
Take a break from all the outdoor winter fun with a shopping trip or dining excursion. There are so many great restaurants and shops to choose from — you’ll be a different kind of tired after a day exploring the village.
SHOPPING AT COPPER MOUNTAIN
- For all of your ski gear needs, head to Camp Hale Outfitters in the Copper One Building in Center Village. Here, you will find winter clothing gear, skis, snowboards, and pretty much anything else you may need.
- For one-of-a-kind gifts and souvenirs, head to The Copper Collection, located in the Mountain Plaza building in Center Village.
- Kokomo is a great place to get your Colorado-made gifts, jewelry, and artwork.
DINING AT COPPER MOUNTAIN
When it comes to dining, you’ll find plenty of great options. Whether you’re in Center Village or East Village, and whether you’re looking for On-Mountain Dining or donuts for the kids — there’s something for everyone.
- Center Village is home to several restaurants, bars, and specialty shops. If you want to please everyone, try Jack’s Slopeside Grill — an open food court serving breakfast and lunch with soup, salads, sandwiches, pho and curry stations.
- El Zacatecano is the place to go for authentic Mexican cuisine and delicious margaritas.
- High Rockies Whiskey and Wine Bar has 200 whiskies, wine, craft beers and cocktails. The kitchen is open late and serves entrees, plates to share and snacks. Kids will love Sugar Lips Mini Donuts!
- In the East Village, you’ll find JJ’s Rocky Mountain Tavern and Camp Hale Coffee & Creamery.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO COLORADO
- YOUR COLORADO VACATION
- MONARCH SKI RESORT: Monarch Ski Resort: An Off-The-Beaten Path Gem
- KEYSTONE SKI RESORT: Keystone Ski Resort: Best and Worst Things About Spring Skiing
- BRECKENRIDGE: Why We Love Breckenridge Ski Resort (+ 25 More Things To Do In Breck In Winter
- SKI RESORTS: 3 Affordable Ski Resorts In Colorado Great For Out-Of-Towners
WHERE TO STAY AT COPPER MOUNTAIN
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC