When we say that Atlanta attractions are meant for all ages, we mean it. Although there are plenty of family-friendly adventures here, there is no shortage of ways for grownups to get in on the fun. Fernbank After Dark hosted by Fernbank Museum of Natural History in Atlanta, Georgia is an adults-only experience, perfect for a unique date night or a meet up with friends.
Here’s everything you need to know about this fun experience, exclusively for ages 21+.
FERNBANK AFTER DARK
Offered the 2nd Friday of each month, Fernbank After Dark offers a variety of unique after-hours experiences for grown-ups, including outdoor explorations in WildWoods, museum exhibits, live music, full bars, tapas menus, and science demonstrations.
Exclusively for ages 21+, Fernbank After Dark is a unique date night for couples, a great place to meet up with friends, and a fun experience for travelers. Each month highlights a different science theme and features a variety of fun and immersive programming.
It’s science for adults! With drinks! And friends! What could be better than that?
Looking for more date night ideas in Atlanta? Try some of these fun adventures!
- See The Fish At Georgia Aquarium. Enjoy skip-the-purchase-line tickets to the Georgia Aquarium, which has an interactive 4D theater and 7 different areas containing more than 10 million gallons of water and thousands of sea creatures.
- Visit The Animals At Zoo Atlanta. Discover giant pandas, stroll through the African Savanna, and visit over 1,500 animals at Zoo Atlanta.
- Take A North Georgia Wine Country Tour. Join your guide on an air-conditioned bus tour from Downtown Atlanta to Georgia’s wine country. Enjoy 13 tastings at 3 local wineries. Experience a taste of Germany and local shopping in Helen, North Georgia’s famous Bavarian Village.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT FERNBANK AFTER DARK
We were able to visit Fernbank After Dark for a date night a few years ago and had a great time!
We were able to check out an art installment themed “Art + Science.” Each level of the museum featured activations, such as live demonstrations by local street artists, including Evereman. We caught the “Free Art Friday Atlanta” documentary screening in the museum’s Star Gallery before getting a firsthand look at some of the pieces of art.
Beyond activations that change each month, entry to Fernbank After Dark means you have access to the museum’s permanent and rotating exhibitions, like the “Mammoths and Mastodons” that was there when we visited – and WildWoods and Fernbank Forest.
Patrons can enjoy light bites in the café and drinks from one of the many cash bars set up in the space (prices range from $6-10 for beer, wine, and cocktails).
We were able to grab drinks, make some silly faces in the museum photo booth, explore the artist demonstrations, and learn a little about mastodons.
On the whole, Fernbank After Dark is an ideal date night experience for those who may not have been back to the museum in quite a while (anyone else have fond memories of those eighth grade field trips?). You’ll get nostalgic about the things that haven’t changed—The World of Shells is still a cool exhibit, hands down—and revel in the “21 and up” takeover of what is traditionally a family-friendly space.
Tickets are $16.95 for members and $21.95 for non-members.
MORE INFORMATION FOR YOUR TRIP TO ATLANTA
- YOUR ATLANTA VACATION
- BEER GARDENS: 17 Best Georgia Beer Gardens You’ve Got To Check Out
- ATLANTA: 53+ Things To Do In Atlanta You Should Not Miss (From Locals In The Know)
- DATE NIGHT ATLANTA: 75+ Perfect Ideas That You’ll Actually Enjoy
- FERNBANK: Why Fernbank Museum Is The Best Museum In Atlanta For Kids
Follow us here: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | YouTube | MSN | TripAdvisor | Flipboard
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC
- 27 Cheap & Free Things To Do In Myrtle Beach - 05/24/2023
- 21+ Amazing Savannah Tours Actually Worth Your Time & Money - 05/18/2023
- 5 Perfect Chattanooga Hotels for Every Travel Type - 05/02/2023