I live with three guys. I’m swimming in a sea of testosterone on a daily basis. So, when Alpharetta asked me to come visit and check out the American Girl Atlanta scene, I was game! It meant pink sheets, high tea and plenty of “girl talk.” I fell in love with the dolls! Samantha is my favorite; her motto speaks to me.
“I’ve never met a tree I couldn’t climb, a rule I couldn’t ruffle, or a friend I couldn’t help.”
Here are our favorite ways to experience the magic of American Girl, plus tips for how to make the most of your American Girl Doll hotel stay.
Indulge in the American Girl Hotel Packages at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta and The Hotel at Avalon
The American Girl experience is a rite of passage for little girls today. I know moms that planned a trip to the American Girl store NYC or American Girl Chicago for years, of course that was before we had an American Girl store at North Point Mall in Alpharetta, the only American Girl store in the state. A visit here is definitely where little girls dreams come true.
Make your American Girl Atlanta trip into a truly special vacation by turning it into a themed weekend getaway. From the moment you enter the lobby of Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta or The Hotel at Avalon you are swept away in the American Girl experience. From extras like an exclusive American Girl check-in, a special welcome letter, a sweet treat or even a gorgeous sparkling tiara for birthday girls.
Sue doesn’t have girls either, but she visited the Atlanta American Girl store (which is actually in Alpharetta) with her niece Kate. See the bottom of this post for a look at her American Girl store visit, lunch at the American Girl Bistro, as well as some events (including a few FREE ones) at the American Girl Atlanta store.
But before you do that, here is a more in-depth look at the oh, so fun hotel experiences with the American Girl Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta package and The Hotel at Avalon American Girl Getaway Package.
Celebrate Your American Girl: Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta Experience Adds Fun
The American Girl Hotel Experience at Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta starts as soon as you walk in the door. The staff does it up right too. They even have an American Girl coordinator who handles all the American Girl hotel reservations, and goes out of her way to make it special for the girls, and easy on the parents.
At this hotel, there is a special check in for girls and their dolls. Do your best diva walk to the desk where a welcome letter explaining your stay awaits. Each Very Important Girl (V.I.G) is treated to milk and cookies upon their arrival and a credit card good for a snack item in the gift shop later.
Look for an Explosion of Pink at the American Girl Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta Experience
Once in the room you’ll be greeted by an explosion of pink. Pink bath towels, pink duvet, pink clock, pencil and pad, even a pink bean bag chair. Each evening, there is a complimentary American Girl movie shown in the room, or the girls can create their own adventures in the indoor or outdoor pool.
The American Girl Package can be purchased for up to three girls per room. The package includes a pink bathrobe for each girl that they can use during their stay, as well as an American Girl doll-sized travel bed the girls can bring home to keep.
Breakfast for up to 4 people at 19 North Restaurant is also included in the package and the perfect fuel before heading to the American Girl Store Atlanta at North Point Mall for some shopping. Other awesome extras, free wifi and free parking.
American Girl Hotel Package at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta Includes:
- Breakfast for up to four guests in 19 North Restaurant.
- Exclusive American Girl doll-sized travel bed, per girl to keep.
- Delicious cookies to greet you at check-in.
- Personalized Very Important Girl (V.I.G.) welcome check-in for one girl, complete with welcome card and one keepsake V.I.G. card redeemable for a snack in our Gift Shop.
- Enjoy a transformed “Everything Pink” room, from PINK duvet covers to a PINK alarm clock.
- Complimentary wireless Internet.
- Enjoy an American Girl Movie on Friday and Saturday Nights.
- This package is available through March 31, 2020. Rates are from $161 – $269/night. Stay an extra night for just $99.
Good to Know about the American Girl Hotel Packages at the Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta
- The American Girl Package is only available on weekends. Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta reports they regularly host 50+ experiences each weekend, so be sure to make a reservation early.
- Be sure to guarantee the room type you want. The American Girl hotel rooms come with either a king or two doubles. Be sure to specify what room type you would like when you make your reservation and guarantee it, otherwise, you may end up with something different than what you were anticipating.
- The Marriott Alpharetta has connecting rooms, but the only configuration is one king bed connecting to two double beds.
- Rollaways are not allowed in double bed rooms, it violates fire & safety codes for Alpharetta.
- The American Girl Hotel Package can be purchased for up to three girls per room.
- There are no discounts for the American Girl hotel rooms, and unfortunately, you can’t use Marriott points to purchase them.
- You can add on to your American Girl package, just contact the hotel prior to your stay and talk with the American Girl Coordinator.
- Be sure that the promotional code Z74 appears in the Corporate/Promotional code box when making your online reservation.
American Girl Getaway Package at The Hotel at Avalon
Get ready to relax in the lap of luxury…along with your little one and her favorite American Girl doll. This posh hotel is set in the middle of all the shopping, dining and activities at Avalon. Primp and prep for an American Girl experience down the Boulevard.
Kids (and their parents) will adore the special sweet treat delivered upon arrival. The American Girl Experience also includes something adults will love too! Mommy & Me pedicures at Parisian Nail Salon are included. The lucky child will receive an American Girl doll bed complete with her very own turn down service. Have more than one child who wants to experience this? No problem. The American Girl Experience at The Hotel at Avalon can be arranged for an additional child at an additional rate of $25 each. Rates are based upon availability and additional restrictions may apply.
Luxury Awaits at The Hotel at Avalon American Girl Getaway
The Hotel at Avalon’s luxurious accommodations, await you for your next American Girl Getaway. The hotel is only minutes away from the American Girl store and have partnered with Atlanta’s newest destination, The Hotel at Avalon.
Extras at The Hotel at Avalon
While you are at The Hotel at Avalon, why not take your American Girl out for a stroll? Within Avalon, you will find 26 exciting dining venues, elevated shopping experiences with over 75 retailers, entertainment and outdoor living featuring for hotel guests including a bocce court, swings, an outdoor pool terrace and even 4 fire pits. Each memory made will better than the next.
American Girl Getaway Package at The Hotel at Avalon Includes:
- Luxury overnight accommodations
- Exclusive American Girl doll-sized travel bed to take home
- Cookies and milk treat upon arrival
- Mommy and Me manicures at Parisian Nail Avalon
Good to Know About the American Girl Getaway Package at The Hotel at Avalon
- This package is for one child. Additional children cost $25 each.
- The Hotel at Avalon is a Marriott hotel and is a Rewards Category 5 hotel.
- Upgrade to a luxury suite to spread out and embrace Southern elegance with a private balcony, fireplace and living area.
- For more information on this package or to make your reservation, call 678-722-3600 or visit online, American Girl Getaway Package at The Hotel at Avalon.
Other Hotels in Alpharetta, Ga. with American Girl Packages:
Be sure to check out Awesome Alpharetta’s American Girl Doll packages to stay on top of any additional offerings.
Shop Georgia’s only American Girl Store
Georgia’s only American Girl Store is at North Point Mall in Alpharetta. It includes a large library area, with books and movies; a doll hair salon; the American Girl Bistro and shopping space galore!
Take Afternoon Tea at the American Girl Bistro
We visited for tea in the afternoon, tasting finger sandwiches, mini hotdogs, fruit kabobs, yogurt cups and so much more. While you wait, make a tiny American Girl craft to take home — and don’t forget your hair tie..it’s around your napkin!
Food comes served so sweetly on a tiered tray and is followed by heavenly dessert like mini cupcakes, sugar cookies or chocolate mousse. With so many weekend birthday parties, afternoon tea is only served on weekdays. I recommend making a reservation. At $13.50 per person, it’s well worth it!
As promised, here’s a little about Sue’s visit to the American Girl Atlanta store at Northpoint Mall with her niece.
All I can say is…Thank goodness they didn’t have an American Girl Boutique and Bistro when I was young. I would want EVERYTHING and my mother was not the kind to spend money on dolls clothing, especially at those prices.
But I bet she would have splurged, especially for a special occasion like birthday parties or maybe as a holiday gift. We visited for my niece Kate’s birthday.
Although I think can be a bit expensive, I do like American Girl. They’re great role models for little girls and I’ve heard rave reviews about the books. We shopped at the American Girl boutique (so many fabulous items), and ate at the American Girl Bistro (it was very tasty). I love how you can get a seat and drink at the Bistro table for your doll.
Pro Tip: If you don’t have your own American Girl doll yet, you can invite one of the dolls at the restaurant to join you for lunch.
Visit the Doll Hair Salon
If your doll needs a special do (or if that ponytail is so “yesterday”) then bring them by the Doll Hair Salon. Prices range from $10-25. Example styles are displayed on the wall for you to choose from. “Extras” at the salon include doll ear piercing, a hearing aid and a special pamper package with a mani-pedi for your doll. Advanced reservations are not accepted, so come by early, especially on a weekend. This is a fantastic way to experience the American Girl Store without buying another doll!
Reserve a spot at an American Girl Atlanta event
The American Girl Doll Atlanta location offers special events multiple times a week. In the past, kids can get a baker’s apron (plus one for their doll) and decorate cookies, or learn tips from the Salon stylists about doll hairdos, including how to use the hairclips (and you get to take some home!) I think the most exciting one was Meal & Memories with a Grandparent. Eat at the Bistro, play dice games, make a picture frame craft and more. See the website for more details on all the events.
Other American Doll Store Locations:
The American Girl Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta experience and The Hotel at Avalon American Girl Getaway are unique and you won’t find the exact packages in other cities. However, if you’d like to visit another American Girl store location, ask if they know of a similar package at a nearby hotel. You may find something just as fun in a city near you. Here are the other American Girl store locations:
- American Girl Store NYC
- American Girl Chicago
- American Girl Dallas
- American Girl Houston
- American Girl Tysons Corner (Washington D.C.)
- American Girl Natick
- American Girl store Los Angeles
- American Girl Palo Alto (San Francisco Bay Area)
- American Girl Boston
- American Girl Scottsdale
- American Girl Denver
- American Girl Orlando
- American Girl Miami
- American Girl Kansas City
- American Girl Minneapolis
- American Girl St. Louis
- American Girl Charlotte
- American Girl Columbus
- American Girl Nashville
- American Girl Seattle
- American Girl Canada
- American Girl Bahrain/UAE
Disclosure: Thank you to Alpharetta CVB, Atlanta Marriott Alpharetta and the American Girl Store in Alpharetta for hosting me. The opinions here are all my own. #keepingitreal
After 18 years in software development, Lesli bailed on the corporate scene. When she’s not traveling, she’s hiking in the mountains or checking out Atlanta’s culinary scene, whiskey in hand.
Lesli has two kiddos -Cooper and Elliot- plus two bonus kids currently at UGA, and she’s happily married to her soul mate.
Latest posts by Lesli Peterson
- Worth the Splurge: A Great Wolf Lodge Cabana - 07/02/2020
- Bell Mountain: The Best Little Non-Hike in Georgia - 06/29/2020
- Appalachian Trail Rides: 5 Reasons to Visit Right Now - 06/23/2020