Wings Over North Georgia in Rome, Ga is one of the most exciting air shows in Georgia, and it is coming in fall. We’re excited to be going for the first time this year. Once I mentioned that on Facebook, I received a ton of questions about parking at this large event. I contacted the Rome CVB for more information, and here is what they shared! Hope to see you there!!
- Premium reserved parking is available at the Airport for only $20 per car online and $25 at the gate. Follow the link to get your tickets.
- When you arrive with your reserved parking pass, you will be immediately directed to the remote parking lot or overflow area.
- A special note from Rome’s Ann Hartman, who is totally in the know:
- If you have pre-purchased airport parking I would ALSO STRONGLY SUGGEST these directions: From ATL – follow directions to the Braves Stadium, turning right, but STAY ON the Armuchee Connector – passing Bella Roma. At first traffic light, TURN RIGHT on Old Dalton Road. Continue on Old Dalton Road to Warren Road (about 2 miles) and turn LEFT. Continue on Warren Road about 1 mile and airport parking will be on the RIGHT – there will be a clearing and you will see the airport fencing.
- Remote places to park include the Rome-Braves Stadium, Armuchee High, Northside Church (only Saturday please,) and the North Floyd Park Community Center.
- Remote parking is $15 per car in advance or $20 at the gate.
- If you do not purchase the premium pass, you really want to try to park at the Stadium. These buses will go “the back way” to the airport and bypass the traffic going to the airport and remote parking spots located on 27N. Last year the back way was wide – only the locals from the area knew to travel Old Dalton to Warren Road!
- Parking lots open at 9am
- All parking fees include round-trip shuttle to the airport.
- Saturday, shuttles begin at 10am and the shuttle from the parking lot to the airport ends at 7:30 pm (fireworks conclude at 8:30 pm Sat)
- Sunday, shuttles begin at 10am and the shuttle from the parking lot to the airport ends at 3pm.
**Photo courtesy of the Wings Over North Georgia Air Show
After 18 years in software development, Lesli bailed on the corporate scene. When she’s not traveling, she’s hiking in the mountains or checking out Atlanta’s culinary scene, whiskey in hand.
Lesli has two kiddos -Cooper and Elliot- plus two bonus kids currently at UGA, and she’s happily married to her soul mate.