Atlanta Chinatown Mall in Chamblee is hosting an amazing Lantern Festival to celebrate the Chinese New Year!
On February 24, 2024, Atlanta Chinatown will host this special event from 3-8pm. This family-friendly event will include crafts, music, games, a scavenger hunt, a parade, dancing, and more.
Located at 5383 New Peachtree Rd in Chamblee, GA, the Atlanta Chinatown Mall is the place to be to celebrate the Chinese New Year in 2024.
This year’s Lantern Festival is full of activities and events the whole family will enjoy. With music, dancing, parades, crafts, and more — there is something here for all ages.
Best of all…this event is FREE!
Here’s what you can expect at the Atlanta Chinatown Lunar Lantern Festival, taking place on Saturday, February 24.
- Crafts Station (3-5pm). Guests of all ages are welcome to visit the Crafts Station where you’ll be making lanterns, red envelopes, and coloring. All the while, guests will be educated by cultural ambassadors.
- Maomi’s Bookstore Tour (3-5pm). Ever wondered about the mysteries and charms of Maomi’s Bookstore? Well you’re in luck, as guests will have an exclusive tour of the bookstore. You will not only be educated on its books but its calligraphy station, as well.
- Game Station (3-5pm). Guests can play mahjong and bingo at the Game Station. Winners of both games will win exclusive ATL Chinatown prizes.
- Atlanta Chinatown Scavenger Hunt (3-5pm). Want to get to know the new mascots Ai Mi and Gao? A mini scavenger hunt will have guests explore Chinatown while learning about the new friends.
- Atlanta Chinatown Lantern Parade (5-5:30pm). Friends from the Shaolin Institute will be part of the lantern parade! Afterwards, they will perform a lion dance and a lion dance interaction!
- Dance Performances (5:30-5:40pm). Enjoy dance performances from the Chinese American Culture Performance Group and the Jasmine Dance Company.
- Drum Performance (5:40-5:45pm). Listen to an amazing drumming performance from Dragon Brothers and Phoenix Sisters.
- Dance Performances (5:45-6:20pm). Enjoy dance performances from Atlanta Melody Art Ensemble and the Atlanta Chinese Dance Company.
- Atlanta Chinatown Lantern Festival Karaoke (6:20-8pm). Hear the vocals of fellow guests as you explore Atlanta Chinatown.
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
Posts may contain affiliate links at no cost to you. Several of our trips are also compensated by the respective tourism boards for the city or state we are visiting. This never impacts how we share the destination with you – opinions are always our own and we pride ourselves on that. We do not sell links or accept unsolicited guest posts under any circumstances. Don’t even ask.
United States Copyright, 365 Atlanta Family, LLC